Quantcast

10mm

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I beleive the conversion you are asking for is a solid axle conversion .........like on a lower end MTB. Where you use two nuts to clamp down on the wheel. Not a "thru axle" but a solid axle....like Walmart bikes come with. :)

and the link above is misspelled. ;) www.unrealcycles.com

i just converted my deore hub to a threaded axel. got all the parts at a local hardware store. take your axel in and tell them you want "one of these, but solid, longer and two bolts and washers to go with it" they'll hook you up. it'll probobly be about 4 feet long, so you'll have to cut it down, but my set up cost me $5.46 and about an hour of my life.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Good luck with that Sven -- hardware store stuff is usually mild steel and will probably snap/shear on you in a heartbeat. If I were you I'd watch my nuts for a while.

Save the boys: do it right, get a real axle.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
DßR said:
Good luck with that Sven -- hardware store stuff is usually mild steel and will probably snap/shear on you in a heartbeat. If I were you I'd watch my nuts for a while.

Save the boys: do it right, get a real axle.
and i'm curious to what hardware store carries fine thread M10 threaded bar stock :confused: