Quantcast

10sp shimano

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
so i lied. it works, but shifted like ass, and wore out my chain 10x faster. I wouldn't do it unless your diehard in doing it.... and don't care about drivetrain wear.

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Is this because you have shimano wheels and want to use them on a campy equipped bike? If yes, that cassette from branford bike would be perfect as long as you have a Shimano 8 and 9 speed hub, according to the site. I didn't know that shimano changed its freehub body when it went from 9-10, or maybe the site has just not been updated, maybe a more shimano familiar biker can clear it up, I'm a compagnolo man.

Oct 18, 2004
bitburg, Germany
chriskaiser said:
Is this because you have shimano wheels and want to use them on a campy equipped bike? If yes, that cassette from branford bike would be perfect as long as you have a Shimano 8 and 9 speed hub, according to the site. I didn't know that shimano changed its freehub body when it went from 9-10, or maybe the site has just not been updated, maybe a more shimano familiar biker can clear it up, I'm a compagnolo man.
Im building up a wheel for my touring bike and want to use a Phil Wood hub. That hub is only Shimano comp., but will take 8, 9, and 10. Ive rode Shimano and didnt like it at all. If I have the choice I will always ride campy.

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
Branford bike says that it is fully compatible with Phil Wood hubs, so seems like you are in luck. I have ordered through branford bike before and the shipping was nice and speedy.