Quantcast

10x135 Through axle/bolt

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hey everyone quick question, i am probably going to get a 10x135 hub for my bottlerocket. I need to know what people are using for a through axle type setup? I just need the through bolt not a whole axel.

It will be an i9 hub...

Anyone have suggestions on what to run and where to buy it?

I was looking at this guy which is pretty cool im just not sure i want a qr:

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mountain-bikes/components/hubs.458.html

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
The DT is good. Its not a quick release, it rotates like a nut, and you just push the red button and put the lever in the best position once its tightened.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The DT is good. Its not a quick release, it rotates like a nut, and you just push the red button and put the lever in the best position once its tightened.
wow that is pretty cool maybe i'll go with that...who else carry's them i cant find them anywhere....

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The DT RWS definitely seems like the slickest thing going - it's light and you can get it way tighter than a qr. Plus, you don't have the plastic cam washer in there that a qr has - and that washer is affected by braking heat. I have the Hadley axle and it works fine, but I know people that have stripped out the head - it has a 6mm allen head and you need to use a good allen wrench.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
That DT Swiss is only for 10mmx135mm not 12mmx135. I dunno WHY.......but it is. I like that idea better though.

I know my intense 12mm TA sucks. I dunno if I got a dud or what, but it has nothing to grab onto. There's 2 holes in it which I use an old QR to hold it while I tighten the nut down. Some sort of 12mm QR (like the DT Swiss) one needs to happen, in both 135mm and 150mm spacing.

HAHA.....re-read that. 10mm.......I'd go for the DT Swiss :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
it's a tough call the dt swiss is about double the price of the hadley I need to think about this one...I dont remove my rear wheel much so i will probably go with the hadley looks clean...and im pretty good with allen wrenches :banghead:...;)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I pulled the trigger on the Hadly, thanks for the link...Call me old school but the standard nut and bolt thing will work fine to hold my wheel on...It only comes off about 5 times a season anyway...Thanks everyone.

_Bill

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hey everyone quick question, i am probably going to get a 10x135 hub for my bottlerocket. I need to know what people are using for a through axle type setup? I just need the through bolt not a whole axel.

It will be an i9 hub...

Anyone have suggestions on what to run and where to buy it?

I was looking at this guy which is pretty cool im just not sure i want a qr:

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mountain-bikes/components/hubs.458.html
I'm using the DT Swiss RWS 10x135 axle - bought it from Universalcycles.com - they sell it for $51USD

Pretty expensive but you can get the axle really tight because it doesn't use a cam to tighten at the very end. Makes for easy removal for trailside repairs. I use it with a Saint rear hub on my Demo8