Quantcast

12 28 !!!@!!! 82 21

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Serious amounts of black ice on the roads. Nope, not going to get tricked by this, I work from home today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Helped a friend with a stem install. He has some injuries so trying to get him comfortable on the bike and also installed his bike in the trainer. He then gave me venison he has shot so I have a lot of good meat in the freezer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

The few CCs of boost I got yesterday are kicking my ass. Gonna take a partial sick day so I can slack off and casually take care of the two tasks I need to complete by years end.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Got back to Denver and did about 2 shifts of work in 6 hours so that’s that. Didn’t sleep great afterwards.

Picking up heated insoles for wife’s boots, my new DH bike, and probably a huge pile of held mail from the mailbox today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
One of my employees got attacked by a pit bull while refueling in hayward last night 4 puncture founds to the thigh. I guess it could have been worse. His partner took him to the ER. I had to go get him last night after he got stitched up and take him to the office to get his car. PD and Animal control are involved. Dog owner located

espresso then I'm out of here

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omg. Everything hurts. Wearing my hoody from @Sandwich - very soft and warm.

Heading out for a staycation later today. Going to the Gaylord Rockies, which is actually just a huge hotel on the plains with a water park and kids events. But hey, happy kids.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
my new DH bike
Pick your vehicle with the biggest load space, that box is huge. (67x35x11")

I made the mistake of picking up mine in our Crosstrek, that was the most uncomfortable driving position feasible to get home. Seat all the way forwards and upright doesn't work well at my height. @Nick very kindly assisted for picking up S's.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am one of those morans @gonefirefightin speaks of. This white shit puts a dent in my staycation activities and I for one will be happy when it's gone. Snow is like the beach, it's a place you go to when you want to have a bad time, you don't bring that bad time home with you.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

I am one of those morans @gonefirefightin speaks of. This white shit puts a dent in my staycation activities and I for one will be happy when it's gone. Snow is like the beach, it's a place you go to when you want to have a bad time, you don't bring that bad time home with you.
Nah. You just need to be prepared. You know, tires with traction, maybe a set of chains, ability to downshift and brake early.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nah. You just need to be prepared. You know, tires with traction, maybe a set of chains, ability to downshift and brake early.
None of that has any impact on my 11:30 tee time today, but thanks for the information.

Maybe a snow blower down the fairways would help, but I don't see that happening. I don't have Lil Man's bike, or we would ride. It's times like this I seriously consider a bike for Grandpa's house. But it would need to be comparable to his Norco.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I for one am loving our white Christmas here in the PNW. 2 feet of snow on our trails and no road maintenance meant solo freshies on “new” trails…this morning my body is reminding me that skiing uses different muscles…

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This mornings loop around the island.

This little amount snow has essentially shut down the area. City, gov, law enforcement, public offices are all shut down, gas stations are minimally open, garbage services are down, Hospitals are on skeleton staff, traffic lights are flashing. Entities are telling folks to stay home and stay off the roads. I never even fired up the plow for less than 2 feet on the east slope. Just cracks me up.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Blowing snow all night makes the interstates close for extended periods of time. Bags are packed and ready to go as we watch the snow blow across the other snow.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Financial tip, never tell your financial person what you're hoping to do, because they may call you a silly goose and tell you you could have done it 6 months ago. FML

Credit being pulled this morning, pre-approval letter being drafted, unsure if we'll be able to get all the necessary ducks in a row in time due to their being literally 1 house for sale that ticks all our boxes, but at least if it doesn't work out we're only out a few credit points for the hard-pull and we weren't planning to move for another couple years anyway.

Twas cold as balls this morning, had to scrape ice off my windshield, almost cold enough to wear pants, almost.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pick your vehicle with the biggest load space, that box is huge. (67x35x11")

I made the mistake of picking up mine in our Crosstrek, that was the most uncomfortable driving position feasible to get home. Seat all the way forwards and upright doesn't work well at my height. @Nick very kindly assisted for picking up S's.
I paid them the $55 extra or whatever to have 'em build it up, too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That encompasses bolting in the front wheel and bolt the assembled handlebar setup to the top fork crown.

:p
Not having to deal with the box and packaging is worth something as well. Supporting the local economy, I am

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I don’t trust anyone to assemble my bikes. My last came half built, very quickly it got stripped down and built up properly with actual lube where it needs it and proper torques. How on Earth do people think a bike — a mountain bicycle no less where getting wet is a given — is properly assembled with dry bolts of differing materials?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

This little amount snow has essentially shut down the area. City, gov, law enforcement, public offices are all shut down, gas stations are minimally open, garbage services are down, Hospitals are on skeleton staff, traffic lights are flashing. Entities are telling folks to stay home and stay off the roads. I never even fired up the plow for less than 2 feet on the east slope. Just cracks me up.

Big city living. We also have stores that are open on Sunday, I know that's weird for you, too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

You should see what 2cm of snow can do in London and 1/2 of England.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
A good shop uses a fine lapping compound, feels smooth out of the box but necessitates a prompt replacement.
I prefer using peanut butter, achieves this same function until it hits a few stream crossings.
(I did this once to a shop mate in a square taper BB before a weekly series race, hilarity ensued. )