Quantcast

12 hour this weekend!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
In the event that any of you are in the area and interested there is a small 12 hour race in Roanoke Rapids NC this Saturday (9am to 9pm). Info is at http://www.aceracing.com/ . The classes are fairly small but there is a cash payback for sport and solo. I will be going with a team of some sort and my wife (Tammy) is looking for a slow beginner team so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Originally posted by Heidi
I'd join ya if I lived out east!!! Have good time!
It should be fun. I need to have a good one since I had a bad crash (some guy bumped me as I was passing on the fireroad at 20mph)on the first lap at snowshoe and was only able to complete one lap.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by psycle-on

It should be fun. I need to have a good one since I had a bad crash (some guy bumped me as I was passing on the fireroad at 20mph)on the first lap at snowshoe and was only able to complete one lap.
That's too bad, I've had the same thing happen to me, only it was my last lap and we hooked up barrends, I lost that battle.:D

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC

That's too bad, I've had the same thing happen to me, only it was my last lap and we hooked up barrends, I lost that battle.:D
It pretty well sucked. I had a good team and we would have placed well. I still have some good scars on my left leg and my pedaling style has not been the same since. The worst part was I had already entered the National race that was two weeks later for downhill and was only able to coast down the mountain! Hopefully yours was not as bad :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

It pretty well sucked. I had a good team and we would have placed well. I still have some good scars on my left leg and my pedaling style has not been the same since. The worst part was I had already entered the National race that was two weeks later for downhill and was only able to coast down the mountain! Hopefully yours was not as bad :)
Worse, I crashed about 3 miles into the 10 mile course and broke some ribs. 7 miles is a long way to go injured!!! What did I learn? Shove like hell when other riders come at you!!:D

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC

Worse, I crashed about 3 miles into the 10 mile course and broke some ribs. 7 miles is a long way to go injured!!! What did I learn? Shove like hell when other riders come at you!!:D
OUCH!!! Lucky for me I have not had anything that bad yet. I learned I need to run fast enough to be up front with the good riders.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

OUCH!!! Lucky for me I have not had anything that bad yet. I learned I need to run fast enough to be up front with the good riders.
Not necessarily true, if you can get up there, then yah, do that. But if not, just pick your way through everyone else patiently. 12 Hours (or 24) is a long time.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC

Not necessarily true, if you can get up there, then yah, do that. But if not, just pick your way through everyone else patiently. 12 Hours (or 24) is a long time.
That is our normal strategy but I think in a race like this where there are 500+ people starting at once, some of the riders may not be familar with riding in large groups and tend to get a little skittish at the start of such a big race. Lucky for me there should not be more than 10 teams starting this weekend:)