Quantcast

12 Nepalese Executed in Iraq

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hey... maybe those anti-GOP/Government/whackos in NYC can use the same tatics to force a change in the US...

:rolleyes:

12 Nepalese Reportedly Executed in Iraq
By RAWYA RAGEH
Associated Press Writer
August 31, 2004, 8:08 AM EDT

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- A Web site linked to an Iraqi militant group showed a video of what was purported to be the killing of 12 Nepalese workers by militants who had kidnapped them.

The Nepalese Foreign Ministry said it could not confirm the report of the hostages' deaths. The 12 had been reported kidnapped Aug. 20.

The video showed a masked man in desert camouflage apparently slitting the throat of a blindfolded man lying on the ground. The blindfolded man moans and a shrill wheeze is heard, then the masked man displays the head to the camera before resting it on the decapitated body.

Other footage showed a man firing single shots from an assault rifle at the back of the heads of 11 others. Blood seeps from their bodies on to the sand.

Still photos of similar scenes were posted on other Web sites known for militant Islamic comment.

A statement on the Web site signed "Ansar al-Sunna Army" vowed to keep fighting the Americans in Iraq.

"America today has used all its force, as well as the help of others, to fight Islam under the so-called war on terror, which is nothing but a vicious crusade against Muslims," the statement said.

At the end of the four-minute video, a man reads another statement off-camera, vowing to fight the Iraqi government.

"We will work on exterminating them until the last fighter," he said.

"Do not sympathize with this impure group, they have left their country and traveled thousands of kilometers to work with the crusader American forces and to support it in its war against Islam and holy warriors," the Ansar al-Sunna statement said.

The statement addressed the Nepalese government "and other lap dogs of the Jews and the Christians," saying executions would be the fate of "every agent, traitor and spy."

Iyad Mansoor, director-general of the Morning Star Company, a Jordan-based services firm which had contracted the 12 Nepalese workers for jobs in Iraq, said he had no information on the beheading of the Nepalese captives.

"I'm shocked to hear such news," he told The Associated Press. "The last I heard was that the Nepalese government was in contact with Iraqi clergymen and others in an effort to set the 12 men free."

In an Aug. 20 Web statement, the little known Ansar al-Sunna Army claimed to be holding 12 Nepalese hostages and demanded Nepal stop sending workers to Iraq. The same group later claimed to have kidnapped and beheaded an Arab-American it said was a CIA spy, but the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad had said it was unaware of an American hostage.

On Sunday, a tape on the same Web site showed the 12 Nepalese, one of them draped in an American flag reading a statement.

"We are not the only ones who were cheated by America's promises to work with them," he said, surrounded by the 11 other hostages who were holding their passports.

The speaker said each of the 12 men were offered $2,500 a month to work in Iraq.

"The Americans assured us that the situation in Iraq is stable and not dangerous," he said. "America lied to us. ... The situation here is not under American control."

He warned others against coming to Iraq.

At least 80 people have been kidnapped by insurgents and criminal gangs in Iraq in recent months. Some kidnappings were designed to extort ransom while others had the political motive of trying to force foreign troops and companies to leave the country.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
N8 said:
Hey... maybe those anti-GOP/Government/whackos in NYC can use the same tatics to force a change in the US...

:rolleyes:

Yah next thing them crazy liberals will start dumping tea into the harbor... :rolleyes:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mission Accomplished was in reference to the conclusion of the military operation to topple Saddam from power.

You know it.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
N8 said:
Mission Accomplished was in reference to the conclusion of the military operation to topple Saddam from power.

You know it.
uh N8, your pants are on fire:

The landing came just hours before Bush is to tell the nation that major combat operations in Iraq have ended. The speech will be delivered from the carrier's flight deck at 9 p.m. EDT. (Full story)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/01/bush.carrier.landing/

:nope:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dante said:
uh N8, your pants are on fire:

The landing came just hours before Bush is to tell the nation that major combat operations in Iraq have ended. The speech will be delivered from the carrier's flight deck at 9 p.m. EDT. (Full story)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/05/01/bush.carrier.landing/

:nope:

And the major combat operations have ceased... only small scale operations have been going on since.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
N8 said:

You know it.
i saw Pat Buchanan on Fox, sounds like he's gettin cold feet about our Mission Accomplished part II Enseminate Freedom in Irans Cunny and part III Flush out terrorist baddies in this godless hole called Syria, which will inevitably come with Bushy's reelection. he said something about no more money, and we should be concerned about N. Korea since they have nukes. But the no spin guy said we could trust China with N. Korea, i'm glad we can trust the "Republic" of China, they better help us, since we ship off all our jobs to em.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Skookum said:
i saw Pat Buchanan on Fox, sounds like he's gettin cold feet about our Mission Accomplished part II Enseminate Freedom in Irans Cunny and part III Flush out terrorist baddies in this godless hole called Syria, which will inevitably come with Bushy's reelection. he said something about no more money, and we should be concerned about N. Korea since they have nukes. But the no spin guy said we could trust China with N. Korea, i'm glad we can trust the "Republic" of China, they better help us, since we ship off all our jobs to em.

Well, we are funding the Chinese economy with our appetite for cheap bikey parts...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
-BB- said:
Yeah... but more people die every day.
:mumble:

Sux huh?

Why don't you tell the Muslim terrorists who are killing the Iraqi people to just stop and then the US will go home.

It's a win-win.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
N8 said:

You know it.
That'll, you know, explain why Bush is, you know, so, you know, embarrassed by it...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
N8 said:
And the major combat operations have ceased... only small scale operations have been going on since.
THIS JUST IN: Military historians have concluded that "major combat operations" actually ceased in Vietnam in May of 1965. The 10 years following were just "small scale operations"... :think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
N8 said:
Well, we are funding the Chinese economy with our appetite for cheap bikey parts...
guilty as charged, but i tell you with the way the U.S. economy is i won't be buying much more cheap bikey parts for years to come. Funny the way outsourcing works, makes things cheaper but takes away work to be able to afford anything......
can you tell i'm feeling the pinch? :nopity:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Skookum said:
guilty as charged, but i tell you with the way the U.S. economy is i won't be buying much more cheap bikey parts for years to come. Funny the way outsourcing works, makes things cheaper but takes away work to be able to afford anything......
can you tell i'm feeling the pinch? :nopity:
I've never understood how people see the outsorcing concept working. OK, you make it cheaper so your buisiness does better. That's easy. But since you're outsourcing you do not need as many people, so you downsize. Again, cool you've saved money. Then the government gives you a tax break for buying things from abroad. Cool... even more money in your pocket.

But who is going to buy your stuff? With the majority of the spending done by working and middle class people (since you and all your rich freinds buy imported stuff), and they are facing tight times... who's buying your stuff?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
N8 said:
The video showed a masked man in desert camouflage apparently slitting the throat of a blindfolded man lying on the ground. The blindfolded man moans and a shrill wheeze is heard, then the masked man displays the head to the camera before resting it on the decapitated body.

Other footage showed a man firing single shots from an assault rifle at the back of the heads of 11 others. Blood seeps from their bodies on to the sand.

Still photos of similar scenes were posted on other Web sites known for militant Islamic comment.

A statement on the Web site signed "Ansar al-Sunna Army" vowed to keep fighting the Americans in Iraq.
A buddy of mine sent me a link to that and I have never been so horrified in all my life. As if the previous ones were not bad enough, the wicked coalsouls on this video went out of their way to remove any doubt that the footage was faked or the victims previously incapacitated or executed in a more "humane" fashion. It appears their goal is not to glorify Islam, but to churn out the most nauseating snuff flick. :dead: :dead: :dead:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
llkoolkeg said:
A buddy of mine sent me a link to that and I have never been so horrified in all my life. As if the previous ones were not bad enough, the wicked coalsouls on this video went out of their way to remove any doubt that the footage was faked or the victims previously incapacitated or executed in a more "humane" fashion. It appears their goal is not to glorify Islam, but to churn out the most nauseating snuff flick. :dead: :dead: :dead:
Sadly this is an interesting commentary on this "brand" of Islam. Note that these were Nepalese and not "evil" westerners/Christians.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
Sadly this is an interesting commentary on this "brand" of Islam. Note that these were Nepalese and not "evil" westerners/Christians.

No, they were viewed as being even lower than that... Buddhists.

Islam seem to hate them more than christians.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
N8 said:

Wow, Buddism as religions go is pretty harmless.................so much for tolerance (I acknowledge that moderate Islam is tolerant for the most part). :rolleyes:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
N8 said:

Are you sure they weren't Hindu? The article didn't say. Not that it's any more of a reason they were executed, but there's a history of animosity between Muslims and Hindus, mostly stemming from the India-Pakistan border.

It seems it will be a LONG time before any non-Arab will be safe in the middle east.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Or any Arab working with or for a perceived US-puppet government or any multinational corporation...

LeeOz

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
NYC
ohio said:
Are you sure they weren't Hindu? The article didn't say. Not that it's any more of a reason they were executed, but there's a history of animosity between Muslims and Hindus, mostly stemming from the India-Pakistan border.

It seems it will be a LONG time before any non-Arab will be safe in the middle east.
they were buddhists

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Andyman_1970 said:
Wow, Buddism as religions go is pretty harmless.................so much for tolerance (I acknowledge that moderate Islam is tolerant for the most part). :rolleyes:
Buddhists can be seen as idolators, atheists, polytheists, or a combination of the above, depending on the sect...Islam, even moderate Islam, isn't really fond of this.