Quantcast

$120/barrel crude by Sept...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
$139!!!

Oil prices made their biggest single-day leap ever Friday—clearing $139, dragging the Dow Jones industrials down nearly 400 points and raising the once-unthinkable prospect of $150 oil and even higher gas prices by the Fourth of July.

The meteoric rise of nearly $11 for the day piled atop an increase of almost $5.50 the day before, taking oil futures more than 13 percent higher in just two days, easily a record on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
AWESOME!! I'm off to the local gas station, going to pull up a folding chair, crack a beer, and watch as people break down into tears as they fill up their Ford Excursions... :lighten:
judgment challenged renters across the street just bought an expedition last night. they actually think they can "buy" their way out of being white trash. they're being kept afloat by being a foster home to 2 disabled adults. yep, nothing says "we care about the disabled" like being a pass-through for their benefits on 2 new vehicles in as many months.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
judgment challenged renters across the street just bought an expedition last night. they actually think they can "buy" their way out of being white trash. they're being kept afloat by being a foster home to 2 disabled adults. yep, nothing says "we care about the disabled" like being a pass-through for their benefits on 2 new vehicles in as many months.
I've known people who do this for a living as well. Pretty effe'd up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Thread-jack! I don't have a problem with this as long as they're being looked after adequately. I'm assuming in the cases you've seen the people weren't looking after the kids properly?
Well the people I knew, a pastor actually and his wife, didn't take care of kids, it was adult retarded people. That and they had a retarded kid of their own. Anyway, the wife didn't work, but got a check from uncle sam every month for caring for them, and it was pretty much her living. They always acted uppity about it, like they were really sacrificing something for the betterment of humanity, but it always appeared as a thinly veiled cash-grab to me.
I'm sure it's probably better alot of times than just sticking them in homes, but it seems like a flawed system that people just take advantage of for the money.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Yup your own country's actions had nooooooooothing to do with it.:clapping:

Seriously are you really that dense? :disgust1:

*edit* way to keep your head in the sand...... Stop blaming others for the problems you create. :clue:
Dave, seeing you are so quick to attack my post with hate, you deserve this one. :disgust1:I believe that it is you that is dense. Oh, btw, your comment, my head is in the sand... way to keep yours up your ass. :clue:

Our country has kept the price low compared to other nations for years. The biggest user was paying the least for it for years. The Arab countries simply want what the oil is worth. They have not been getting it from us, but they have from others for years. It is worth just a little under what we are paying for it now. Europeans were paying $4/gallon about ten years ago. So stop blaming your county for your problems. It's my country that kept fighting the raise and had a lot to do with keeping the gas price low the past 30 years. Only now is it going up to finally match the europeans because Arabs want what it is worth. And countries like China now demand it more cutting into our supply. Read the facts first and stop attacking my post. I was driving when you were in kindergarten. And I was paying .65 cents a gallon for it.
I figure you know how to type to attack people's posts, here, prove you can read. :clapping:

http://www.slate.com/id/2191491/
http://www.babeled.com/2008/06/02/us-versus-european-gas-prices/
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/01/news/international/usgas_price/

I've said my peice, now leave my post in peace. i.e., alone from your hate.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Err that was disbelief which became contempt and derision. No hate as far as I can tell.

And your age (you'd have to be coming up on 50 for it to be true) is irrelevant, this is about your words and thoughts nothing else.

ps suck it up princess.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My personal opinion is that the oil price rise is:

1) a pain in the arse
2) also a good thing

I own a 2.7L Diesel SUV and a 125cc scooter. The scooter is so cheap to run gas could still quadruple or more in price and I would still be largely unconcerned. However it now costs me over NZ$110 to fill my Diesel SUV - 500Km = NZ$110... Not too great.

Fortunately I can I commute on the Scoot. I suggest you do the same if you can. I believe the biggest idiocy occuring is the massive majority of people currently using utterly the wrong vehicle for the purpose.

Using a 6L Mercedes to commute 10 miles? You are esentially a ****ing idiot. Using a 7L truck to haul your plumber's or general builder's gear and tools across town every day?
You = Retard.

I only use my truck when I have to. Ideally I would own a slightly smaller vehicle. I need a 4WD for riding expeditions, but I don't really need an SUV size one. I could still get 4x4, 4 bikes and 4 people quite happily in a variety of smaller vehicles.

It's not that I can't afford gas if I need it, it's just.. dumb! Why spend all that money and perpetuate the problem?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
My personal opinion is that the oil price rise is:

1) a pain in the arse
2) also a good thing

I own a 2.7L Diesel SUV and a 125cc scooter. The scooter is so cheap to run gas could still quadruple or more in price and I would still be largely unconcerned. However it now costs me over NZ$110 to fill my Diesel SUV - 500Km = NZ$110... Not too great.

Fortunately I can I commute on the Scoot. I suggest you do the same if you can. I believe the biggest idiocy occuring is the massive majority of people currently using utterly the wrong vehicle for the purpose.

Using a 6L Mercedes to commute 10 miles? You are esentially a ****ing idiot. Using a 7L truck to haul your plumber's or general builder's gear and tools across town every day?
You = Retard.

I only use my truck when I have to. Ideally I would own a slightly smaller vehicle. I need a 4WD for riding expeditions, but I don't really need an SUV size one. I could still get 4x4, 4 bikes and 4 people quite happily in a variety of smaller vehicles.

It's not that I can't afford gas if I need it, it's just.. dumb! Why spend all that money and perpetuate the problem?
true... here is a Monkey's set up after he sold his year old Tundra pick up that he used as a toy hauler:

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
today was my first day of commuting to work - my wife is a teacher and is now off for the summer. My goal: if it's not raining I'm riding to work!

F the Man
F the Oil Company
F the 50 people I passed this morning sitting in traffic!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Some a-hole bike commuter was too important to yield to my 5yo on the bike path tonight. According to witnesses he tried to thread the 2 kids at speed unannounced, rammed my kid from behind, landed on him then used him as a magic carpet over the gravel.

When I pulled up at the scene (po-po, FD, ambulance - initially they thought his arm was broken) I graciously relocated his bike about 15 yards with the bumper of my truck. He walked home.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Err that was disbelief which became contempt and derision. No hate as far as I can tell.

And your age (you'd have to be coming up on 50 for it to be true) is irrelevant, this is about your words and thoughts nothing else.

ps suck it up princess.

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!! I've posted after this muppet twice now and he seems to think it's a vendetta! :rofl:

You're an idiot. You've always got something to say about my posts. Yer an internet loud mouth.
Lovin the rep comment.....I think I've found the new Chunkymunky! :weee:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
A couple things:

1. The dollar is up, but so is gold which shouldn't happen with a strengthening dollar.
2. The dollar / yen is down to 100.94, ie we're WEAKER against the Yen.

This isn't the dollar strengthening, it's the Euro weakening.
ah.. i didnt chk gold this morning..

u think the euro is gonna tank on the bank/credit situation?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sky is blue
Prison Break is on tonight
Most of us are able to read on our own

Cut'n paste is back.

Cut'n paste
Cut'n paste
Cut'n paste
Cut'n paste