Quantcast

12x150 hub choices?

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Building new wheels for my DH bike, just ordered a new Hope 20mm but am unsure of what to get for the rear.

Leaning towards a Hadley (72pt) at the moment. I see CRC has some good prices on burgtec hubs, the look solid and have good engagement (48pt) and according to e-rumors are pretty light.

Needs to be 12x150 32spoke - extra points if it comes in gold. Suggestions?

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Hope ProIIs will lose points in the engagement department, quality compared to Hadley or King. But I like mine. They're a pretty light-weight, easy to work on, and come in many different colours. Perhaps a better choice for the price conscious purchaser.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
true true the price is right. Can one convert the 24's to 48's like their SS hubs if so then it would be a winner. Would be a good down the road upgrade if the 24points bother the hell out of me.

I have a 36pt Hadley on my hardtale and think running any less points would kinda bother me.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Can one convert the 24's to 48's like their SS hubs if so then it would be a winner.
Dont think it is possible. Both use a 24 tooth ratched ring in the hub and 4 pawls in the freehub....so I would assume the single speed freehub has asynchronous pawls (two and two) while the 9 speed hub has all 4 synchronous.

Shame they dont make a 48pt 9 speed hub.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
The way to go is a Burgtecs. They are pretty cheap with the current exchange rate. I love my Burgtec hubs and they are close to Hadley in quality. If you wnt to save a bit of $s go with a hope front. I have been running my burgtecs for 8 months now with no issues.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Building new wheels for my DH bike, just ordered a new Hope 20mm but am unsure of what to get for the rear.

Leaning towards a Hadley (72pt) at the moment. I see CRC has some good prices on burgtec hubs, the look solid and have good engagement (48pt) and according to e-rumors are pretty light.

Needs to be 12x150 32spoke - extra points if it comes in gold. Suggestions?
Burgtecs are about 340g, Hopes are 295 (I have two).

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
(derail)I have a 36h 12x150 ringle rear hub I will let go for cheap, if anyone is interested..(/derail)

Send a PM