Quantcast

15mm through-axle front hubs?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Who the heck makes 15mm through-axle front hubs, or pre-built wheels with 15mm hubs?
Thanks

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Mavic makes most there AM FR and DH wheels with a 15mm hub as well
i9, Crankbrothers, Spinergy, Easton, and DT in prebuilt wheels too.

Chris King and Hadley hubs come in 15mm and they have 15mm kits too...

I'd personally just swap my fork if possible, 20mm is better in every way. 15mm solves a problem no one was asking just like 24 and 25mm front ends.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ok, Hope is clutch, and cheap.

What about decent rims for All-Mtn? I'm 200+, ride heavy, and will be doing mild DH with lots of trail riding on my new 575.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

What about decent rims for All-Mtn? I'm 200+, ride heavy, and will be doing mild DH with lots of trail riding on my new 575.
I rode DT 5.1s for the last few years for everything from AM to a fair bit of DH, and they held up pretty well. They're about done in though, and I'm going to try replacing them with Stan's Flows. No particular complaints about the DTs, but the Stans rims area little lighter, a little wider, and the yellow tape tubeless setup will save a bit more weight over using a regular rim strip. In short, the DTs are very good, and I'll have some initial impressions at least of the Flows in a couple weeks.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

I'm really liking my Stan's ZTR Flows. Probably overkill for my weight though (150 w/o gear) but they are holding up really well. Strong and light.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Easton has a SICK tubeless ready all-mtn wheelset coming in the fall that is 15qr specific. It will be worth the wait!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I cant agree more with that statement
Indeed. The lightest thru-axle XC forks on the market are 20mm and the lightest adapters on convertible hubs are 20mm. All the independent tests show 20mm is best too. 15mm should not exist.

I'm really liking my Stan's ZTR Flows. Probably overkill for my weight though (150 w/o gear) but they are holding up really well. Strong and light.
I agree, Flows are great rims, I got a pair a when they first came out. Probably the best balance of strength to weight. The 2009 Mavic rim on Crossmax SX is great too but Mavic does not sell a standard 32 hole version separate.

Last edited: