Quantcast

17 pictures of the suck....kenosha pass...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
This pictures are around three years old. It was the first or second day I had my digital rebel. After being on here for about 5 years a post like this is in order....

The other ones later....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Skookum said:
Trailhead make it appear that this is a popular destination.

Awesome fall colors.
It is. The first picture is the opposite side of the road from what I was on. It's busy on both sides.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Kenosha goodness.....gotta love it. During the Aspen change it's awesome to ride during the week. You pretty much get it to yourself.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
i didn't know you owned a bike.

great pics.
I do, it just didn't get ridden much when I lived there.

And sadly, it still doesn't.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I live close to there, i've been hiking with my parents but not riding, the trail on the other side of the road, (i think its part of the colorado trail) is pretty cool too...

cool pics, makes me wanna go up there now

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Kenosha Pass....ion! Thanks for sharing. I need to do that ride again when the aspens turn yellow. Looks like it would almost hurt your eyes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
RideND said:
How late in the year is it before the Aspens start to turn?
I want to say that was around August or September, but I honestly do not remember.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
If I was a bettin man, I'd bet on it being the 2nd weekend of September.
:stupid: The concensus is that the high country peaks around the 21st of September. That's the autumnal equinox, conveniently. Depending on alot of things that can be earlier or later, but if you come out around the 21st you'll very likely have really nice color.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
SuboptimusPrime said:
Really cool pics...those trails remind me of that section in the collective with watson and shandro riding trails in colorado...
Actually, that shot in the Collective is almost a perfect clone of 401 in Crested Butte. :love:

*edit* and that shot in the Collective is up in BC somewhere.