Quantcast

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Last night was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I had to say my final words to my best friend I have ever had. My friend Amanda passed away last night.

Some of you probably remember the thread I started last year about me being a donor for her kidney transplant. I mentioned yesterday in the Tuesday morning thread that she wasn’t doing very well. I spent last night at the hospital with her, her fiancé Nick, and her family. I don’t even really know what to say. She was only 22. She was supposed to get married in June. She was my best friend and I loved her so much. She made such a great impression on so many peoples lives (Her family, friends, students at her dance studio, etc). She was an amazing human being and was the strongest person I ever knew. I'm going to miss her.

Amanda and her fiancé Nick.

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
Sorry to hear that. Kudos to you though for stepping up and giving her your kidney. The world could use more caring people like yourself.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Take comfort in knowing you did literally everything in your power to help her.

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
I am very sorry to hear that. I've expirienced a loss somewhat like yours in the past, and it really, really sucks. My advice, is remember how you helped her so much, and as hard as it sounds, don't let it drag you down. It is one of the worst things that can happen, but it's life. Stay strong man, you got my prayers.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
wow, that's awful. i'm deeply sorry to hear about it. my thoughts are with you, her family, fiance and everyone else who she touched during her far-too-short life.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
My condolences to you and her friends and family. Its horrible to hear when people die especially at such a young age.. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Man, I am so sorry. You are still a hero for everything you tried to do and for your incredible commitment to your friend. Sometimes we do everything we can and it still just isn't enough to stop the inevitible course of life and death.

Your original post really touched me. I've about it many times since and I've asked myself if I would do the same for someone. I'm not wholely sure I would. You are a better man than most of us, certainly me.

Best wishes.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
My heartfelt condolences to you, her fiance, and her family.

My wife and I always thought you were quite the hero for the kidney donation. Sucks that this didn't have a happy ending.

Prayers said, soul healing vibes sent...

Best Wishes,
Marc