Quantcast

17th anni vacay.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
MY GAWD, what a week......

Leave Reno Wednesday. Got a 2015 rental to put miles on, and it was a treat. Stay in Elko, NV, the first night so we didn't have to drive the whole way to Park City. Don't bother with the Motel 6, choose the Red Lion should you happen to be there. Next day to Park City, and stop at the Bonneville Salt Flats. No speed records today. Park City is beautiful. Great room and food while there, and so relaxing. Back to Salt Lake City, tour the Mormon Square, lots of pics, dining, then the Bahama mama contest Saturday. Oh well, I came in 3rd, yet they still paid for the trip. Winner!!! Sunday to Kanab. Stayed at the Parry Lodge. What history at that place with all the filming done around there. Cute barn theatre movie, and very quiet. Small room, which added to the atmosphere. Monday tour of Best Friends Animal Shelter, and a cat decided to adopt me. Couldn't take it, though. That place is awesome. Tuesday was the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and the views can not be described. There to Vegas, dined at the Hidden Pizza at the Cosmopolitan (pm me if you want to know how to find it), Bellagio water show, Rio zip line on Wednesday, Elvis show that night, shopping, dining, and then............................. the drive home Thursday.

Why do vacations have to end??? And yes, pics will follow....