Quantcast

18 months is way too long!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, I figured it has been 18 months that my bike has NOT moved from the corner of our “mud” room. It’s at Rowlett’s getting worked on!!! I’m SO stoked. Maybe all the cardio work at the “Y” will pay off since I last rode.

Since I started working out at the “Y” made me miss riding in a huge way. I do the cardio workout with Children of Bodom blasting in my ear, all the while picturing the dirt, the gnarly rock sections, relearning old stuff, and working up the balls for new stuff!!!

I had massive back spasms so it put me out for 6 weeks and finally said to hell with it, I got to get to the gym to work the damn gut off. I quite smoking a year ago, so I figure that and not having so much damn weight on should make this an entirely different experience!

I can honestly say I miss the hell out of those nights I couldn’t sleep because I knew I was going to be riding all day the next day!!

I may be able to hook up on the Wednesday night rides every now and again if I get my school work done earlier.

I know it may sound childish, but damn, 18 months is WAY to long….. (At 39 I ain't gettin any younger! :eek: )

Thanks for letting me rant and rave! Look forward to seeing a lot of you on the mountains!!!

Regards,

SK6

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
sirknight6 said:
We're gonna have to hook up...

Like at Ozzfest!
I'm going, no doubt! Plan on sitting on the lawn, though, as I can no longer afford to compete with rich kids' parents for Ozzfest tickets any more than I can with newbie Jimmy Buffett fans for finhead seats. :cool:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
llkoolkeg said:
I'm going, no doubt! Plan on sitting on the lawn, though, as I can no longer afford to compete with rich kids' parents for Ozzfest tickets any more than I can with newbie Jimmy Buffett fans for finhead seats. :cool:

I thought all of the seats were GA? I couldn't order any seats at all, all they had were GA. :confused:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
corey_dcstreet said:
hey, you still have my swiss army knife!! :think:

how's it going ralph!, glad to hear you're getting back into the riding game. :thumb:
No SH*t? I was wonderin whose it was.......LOL!

Wassup dude? I still have those incriminating mud pics! :eek:

:D