Quantcast

$189 million for running HP into the ground

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Toshi said:
agreed. ack. i just can't comprehend how/why some of the uber paid CEO types feel justified in their pay. sure, they worked long/hard to get there, or whatever, but c'mon......especially after tanking one company after another.

that would be like me offing a bunch of patients, being paid a ton of money for it, and continuing onto new hospitals doing the same thing. and getting praise for doing such a great job of it.

how about we "redistribute" some of that wealth to some teachers, police, firefighters, and other jobs like that.

ahem. i'll vote for more for nurses, but then, i'm a bit biased there. ;)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
add to this: word around the campfire is she has political ambitions...and full support of the GOP (perhaps to re-gain kalifornia?)

looks like she has her warchest in order

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Actually, her pay is rather out of the ordinary in Silicon Valley. Most CEO types recieve relatively modest salaries but are granted Ginormous stock grants and options.

The CEO of the company I used to work for pulled less than $200k per year in salary, but if you look at what he is pulling from stock trades......yikes. More than the GNP of some medium sized countries.

Jan 13, 2005
I still remember a lot of the major Financial mags kissing her butt when she first got the job. Well, she sure knew how to make mone yalright...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
BurlyShirley says CEOs are paid what they deserve. So clearly Carly must have earned her pay.

You guys just aren't seeing all the value she added.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ohio said:
BurlyShirley says CEOs are paid what they deserve. So clearly Carly must have earned her pay.

You guys just aren't seeing all the value she added.
From IBM, SUN, Intel, Dell & Microsoft's perspective she's probably worth every cent...

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
I really believe in the mission of the bank, which is reducing poverty. It is a noble mission and a matter of enlightened self-interest
Paul Wolfowitz
enlightened self-interest? How can he say that with a straight face? Wolfo's claim to fame is exploiting the lack of enlightened self-interest. Or maybe that's what he meant. :think:

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
fluff said:
Well, as it seems the alternative is Paul Wolfowitz....
Still better than Carly. One would assume that the goal of Global Dominion included keeping the Globe somewhat intact. Carly has no such lofty goals, simple rape and pillage. I would fear Carly to cause more harm from apathy than Wolfo would cause intentionally.