Quantcast

1934 or 2011 ?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
The "fiscal responsibility" (cutting spending, increasing taxes) of the mid 1930s is credited with the double-dip recession that we entered into in 1937.... by most accredited economists, anyway. Conservatives still believe that FDR prolonged the Depression through overspending and over-employment.

ie, The conservatives are still basically deluding themselves to make history fit their own personal beliefs.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Britain recently implemented some pretty stiff austerity measures. Their economy has already resumed its search for the bottom. Look for ours to try and catch up soon. Those who do not follow history.........

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Obama believes in the existence of one fantasy figure already, and that's Jesus. This is some sort of uniquely American stupid I haven't been percolating in long enough to get.

That Fox Panel don't really have a lot of them blacks and Mexicants on it, does it? What part of America is that lily white?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That Fox Panel don't really have a lot of them blacks and Mexicants on it, does it? What part of America is that lily white?
pick any state....exclude the inner city of cities....ta-da.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Obama believes in the existence of one fantasy figure already, and that's Jesus. This is some sort of uniquely American stupid I haven't been percolating in long enough to get.

They're Iowa Republican Caucus voters. So the extreme right, of the extreme right, of the extreme right.

Of course, why Fox is polling them on how they feel about Obama is beyond me, other than that it's just blatant propaganda...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't think he does actually, agnostic @ best (at least I hope). It is however smart politics to seem like it. The problem is you can't be elected to anything in this country without linking your self to teh jeebus so he has pretend to be interested.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
They're Iowa Republican Caucus voters. So the extreme right, of the extreme right, of the extreme right.

Of course, why Fox is polling them on how they feel about Obama is beyond me, other than that it's just blatant propaganda...
Hey, I get to use it a second time!!

(actually, this is the original post that gave me the idea...I just got distracted... :) )

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I don't think he does actually, agnostic @ best (at least I hope). It is however smart politics to seem like it. The problem is you can't be elected to anything in this country without linking your self to teh jeebus so he has pretend to be interested.
Exactly. It's like telling a chick you believe in Jeebus so she'll sleep with you. And yes, that works.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Truth. For what would be worse than Obama being Islamic would to be an Athiest.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

I bet the participant selection is exactly like for Leno's Jaywalking.

If you answer the questions reasonably with relative politeness and modesty, you are immediately rejected.

Act like an idiot and not be afraid to show it to the cameras, then you will be on TV.

What I wish would happen is a Progressive Outlet would caucus voters, ask them the same kinds of questions, then call them out on the spot.