Quantcast

1st NH Race Snow-Hunnies Video

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Here's a few minute video of the race this weekend in NH. Chromegoddess is super fast in the footage - crazy gal. The course was...sort of like the dust out west...but more like mashed potatoes. I can't wait to ride on dirt!! Super fun weekend. The video is by Jeff Udell - what a trooper - sitting out in the snow all day while we flailed around...

http://www.ragemtb.com/udder/10e_4304.mov

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
what a fun time. kicked my arse though. too bad i couldn't hold speed (or stay on the bike) throughout. i might have picked up something better than 8th out of 6!!!!! hehe.

dawn bourque is the crouching tiger hidden dragon speed queen of the east!!! karen and alexis did the pinko's proud. normally a superfast ripper, caroline from canada did not look happy to be dealing with the sloppy heavy snow. andrea the newcomer was adequately intiated, and lived to tell that tale.

udell put a fun little video together. thanks jeff.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
That was sweet. I am sure that Jeff now has that soundbite of the girlies on the lift playing through his head non-stop.
Was that Doyle's truck you were driving?

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by Repack
That was sweet. I am sure that Jeff now has that soundbite of the girlies on the lift playing through his head non-stop.
Was that Doyle's truck you were driving?
Yes, that was Doyle's truck...he was in the backseat snoozing.

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Very nice video! Can't wait to see ya at Snowshoe, chromegoddess (I'll be in your cheering section)!!!

udder

Chimp
Apr 27, 2004
Originally posted by Repack
I am sure that Jeff now has that soundbite of the girlies on the lift playing through his head non-stop.
Yep...it's true. People catch me day dreaming at my desk. It's really becoming an issue for me and is affecting my work performance.

I reactivated the link for those of you you missed it and thank you for the feedback.

http://www.ragemtb.com/udder/10e_4304.mov

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by grizgal
I live in the Boston area and Chromegoddess lives in NYC. WIll you be going to any of the NE races?
The only race I'm slated for is the 24 hours of Adrenaline at Holiday Farm (Dalton, MA). I am going to ride Snowshoe Memorial Day Weekend and perhaps Plattekill this weekend (not racing though). I would love to meet some mud hunnies!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
we're going to pkill this weekend too. look for the pink intenses, come say hi. are you camping? we are if it's not raining. weather wimps.

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by TreeSaw
The only race I'm slated for is the 24 hours of Adrenaline at Holiday Farm (Dalton, MA). I am going to ride Snowshoe Memorial Day Weekend and perhaps Plattekill this weekend (not racing though). I would love to meet some mud hunnies!
yeah, definitely come say hi at p-kill. You should also go to the US Open Memorial weekend...although snowshoe looks like a lot of fun!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I'll have to ask one of my co-workers if I can use one of their pimped-out machines to watch all these videos that get posted!

I was like, "Who do I have to sleep with around here to get administrator rights on my machine?" but chromegoddess told me not to sleep with any I.T. people to get Quicktime!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow

I was like, "Who do I have to sleep with around here to get administrator rights on my machine?" but chromegoddess told me not to sleep with any I.T. people to get Quicktime!
hahaha. chromegoddess said that? ask her how she got her QT. :eek:

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Originally posted by grizgal
hahaha. chromegoddess said that? ask her how she got her QT. :eek:
Hee, hee!:p
Let's just say I knew my I.T. dept. fairly well at my last job... we were all friends and went out for coffee daily, and one person on staff and I were particularly good friends. (I wouldn't recommend getting to know a co-worker that well but sometimes it happens totally accidentally and ya just gotta see where Fate takes you--usually nowhere good in a situation like that!)

This one day my boss treated me especially crappy. And the next day, man, her whole computer was being wacky and I.T. was "too busy" to get to her for an hour and a half. I darn near died laughing when my boss shouted, "What is wrong with all my peripherals (sp?)?!!!!!! My mouse doesn't work, my monitor doesn't work....?" No one fessed up. It was so funny. Sometimes it's nice to be a part of the "I.T. gang." :)

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
I DO sleep with an I.T. guy, and I STILL don't have administrative rights........

maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way??:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by chromegoddess
we're going to pkill this weekend too. look for the pink intenses, come say hi. are you camping? we are if it's not raining. weather wimps.
DOUGH! I can't believe I missed this post! We totally saw you on the pink intense frames at Pkill! I was up there on Saturday only, test riding a green jeckyll & had my K2 Disco :monkey:. My hubby was riding a red santa cruz bullit. Damn...sorry I missed you. How did you fare on race day?

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by TreeSaw
DOUGH! I can't believe I missed this post! We totally saw you on the pink intense frames at Pkill! I was up there on Saturday only, test riding a green jeckyll & had my K2 Disco :monkey:. My hubby was riding a red santa cruz bullit. Damn...sorry I missed you. How did you fare on race day?
bummer...did you have fun at pkill? The course was very un-plattekill-like, but really fun. The race was great - everyone had fun. Training in the morning was super-slick from the rain (numerous crashes - scraping my new helmet :( ) Luckily the rain held off for the race runs. Hopefully see you out there next Pkill race.