Quantcast

2.5 wetscreams

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia

i think they were supposed to be a prototype from what i heard on this forum. then what the hell are they doing in south east asia? and there were here around 3 months ago..

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
They may only be available outside of North America. I know that Maxxis has a larger tire range/selection available in other parts of the world.

toby

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
They were developed as a proto a couple years back and there are a lot floating around that have prototype hot patched on the sidewall. But they are available outside the US.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
aren't fat mud tyres a bit of a contradiction? i always thought the idea was for the thin spiky tyre to slice through the mud and cling onto anything underneath, not a big fatty that floats on top

the creator in his infinite wisdom has endowed this green earth with mud types so varied, even this tyre has a calling.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Usually used on Saturdays and Sundays on World Cup courses.

I have a pain of hand-me-downs from the team. I guard them like gold!

-ska todd

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mud tires scare the living hell out of me. They turn roots and rocks into ice. I think unless the track was very open with mucho grass, then I'll probably always opt for a trimmed tire with softer compound.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
this tire has a compound much closer to normall soft compound tire, unlike the older wetscreams.
and i heart mudd, you never need to worry when your tire will drift. its always drifting. imo, it has more give. on dry stuff, one second you are drifting next thing you know you have a mouth full of dirt.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
There are a lot of Maxxis tires only available outside the US. Minion 2.35s in 2ply, wetscream 2.5s, and I even heard a rumer of other UST DH tires. Ive ordered 2.35 Minions in 2 ply from Chain Reaction and they are pretty cheap and show up in a few days.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
2.5 wetscream doesn't make sense. they all ready have the 2.5 swampthing in soft compund.
The 2.5 WetScream is as aggro of a bike tire as you will ever find and pretty much the weapon of choice for World Cup mud and rain. The knobs can be easily tailored to suit anyones' specific requirements. Pretty much the best ever for uber slop.

-ska todd

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
A lot of pro's were running 2.5 wetscreams at the mt snow national expert/pro course, with the center knobs trimmed down. They are ment for high speed, lots of spikey knobs to cut into the grass, but still roll fast enough with the center knobs cut.