Quantcast

2.8 Michelin on '04 Super T?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Just put a 2.8 Michi on my '04 super t, not much clearance, but it fit. My question is whether anybody else is running this combo,and if so, does it work.

I did a search but didn't find the answer to this question. thanks in advance.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
MikeD said:
You can dremel out your arch if it doesn't fit.

I did that on my '02 super t, with some speed holes in the stanchions. It didn't say you couldn't in the FAQ's on the Marz website so I figured it was OK. That's what the pro freeriders do.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
W4S said:
Just put a 2.8 Michi on my '04 super t, not much clearance, but it fit. My question is whether anybody else is running this combo,and if so, does it work.

I did a search but didn't find the answer to this question. thanks in advance.
it rubbed pretty bad on mine. my hub has just a little bit of play in it, enough side to side so that it would only rub with a rider on the bike. i switched to a maxxis 2.7

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
I had a 2.7 Intense tire in my '03 DJ for a while, which is a much wider tire than the Michy, but it's not as tall. Anyway it rubbed a little bit under hard cornering. I'd say with an '04 fork and the 2.8 you should be cool. Despite claims from Michelin and our French and Quebecois friends on the board, I am fairly certain that Comp 16's got a wee bit more narrow between '02 and '03, making them fit into just about any fork. No doubt I will now be attacked for damaging Michelin's integrity.

Jimster

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
my mich comp24 left a bunch of skid marks under hard cornering. i think the rubber builds up on the arch after a while...

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
I tried the 2.8 Octopus (Hutchinson) on my SuperT, and it was WAY too big (tall and wide), may be with less air pressure it could have fit, but sure would have rubbed.