Quantcast

2 years... wow thats a long time... Pics inside

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Wow... my days off from school are just simply amazing. Whole of last week was a series of epic rides from 6 - 8 hours of shuttling to sessioning to etc with only one days of rest. Today was no different. Went to ride with the first person i ever met riding mountain bikes. Jerrott King

February 06, i had bought my first mountain bike. A Trek 3900 and thought it was the shiznitz. Also didnt know anything about the sport as i bought the bike just for commuting. Then i joined a forum known as MSDHW. There, Jerrott (he didnt know i was a total noob) invited me to come for a ride. I didnt know what kinds of riding there were and what kind of riding i was invited for... Sure enough, i went over to the spot with my $350 hardtail and XC jersey and my jaw just dropped. These guys were hucking cliffs!!!!!!! So i decided to explore a little bit. Climbed up the hill and rode down the fireroad and ate **** as my front tyre got caught in a ditch. That was it for me for the day. Watched the guys huck drops and carve berms and fly through doubles... I was just in awe. Was scared ****less too... lols. Sure enough, i didnt return for a while... Went into my XC mode until i met dogonfr when he brought me out to a DH trail in Calistoga. There, the speed demon in me awoken...

2 years later, i'm back riding with Jerrott for the first time. I mean really riding. Actually hitting some of the stuff he's hitting. Awesome day of DH in the morning then sessioning some FR in the afternoon. Actually went to 2 spots. My new favourite spot by the coast and the place where i first met Jerrott. a good 8 hours of riding. And guess what??? I learned something today too. He taught me how to whip... XD Gonna work on tabling soon too...

Beginning of the day...

Gerald on the left, me in center, Mike on right and Jerott behind the camera

Gerald hitting the waterfall

Drinking some water after bombing the waterfall

Mike on the waterfall

Some berm railing

Throwing the bike around...

My second whip... Jerott didnt get the first one...

Jerott laying down the table

And from the other side

Hipping it!!

Some man bike love... Bar humping... hahahahaha

Oooooooooooooo

Me again

And we push back up and do it all over again... XD

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Woot! Thanks for showing us around yesterday. We went and did West Ridge to East Ridge, then down Cinderella. Except we did the West/East ridge backwards, and climbed up West Ridge. It actually wasn't too bad, but I can see how you can get going really fast down that trail.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Woot! Thanks for showing us around yesterday. We went and did West Ridge to East Ridge, then down Cinderella. Except we did the West/East ridge backwards, and climbed up West Ridge. It actually wasn't too bad, but I can see how you can get going really fast down that trail.
No problem dude... Thanx for letting me tag along...

yuppers... backwards doesnt sound as much fun, hahaha. And yea, when you pedal down the steep part on west ridge, it's just brainless fast. Bouncing off the rough and just hanging on. There's a few buddies of mine i love to follow down there and watch them duke it out side by side. Tim and Jeff. Not sure if you know them. Jeff rides for Giant. Awesome watching them bomb it... XD

How long did it take you to do that loop?