20,000 on Death Row..

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
fluff said:
Worldwide.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/4926224.stm

At least 1,770 executions took place last year in China, where a person could be sentenced and executed for non-violent crimes including tax fraud, embezzlement and drug offences, the UK-based group said.

I'd be a lot more careful with my tax return...
Looks like George and Hu will have something to talk about after all. "My death row's bigger than yours"
I bet this Hu bloke must be driving Bushie crazy.
"Mr President, Hu's here"
"I dunno, Rummy?"

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
We should liberate.

Seriously tho, the US has it's problem but we don't kill people for tax evasion or being an illegal immigrant... which is what Mexico does to Gautemalans (sp?).

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
LordOpie said:
We should liberate.

Seriously tho, the US has it's problem but we don't kill people for tax evasion or being an illegal immigrant... which is what Mexico does to Gautemalans (sp?).
Er, dude, did you read the article?

'Mexico and Liberia are the most recent countries to abandon state execution.'

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I like how Americans are acting like we could do a damn thing about China.

Mr. Hu came to the US, and by the way visited two billionaire corporate CEO's before visiting the president, he came here because the US is perfectly positioned to be China's bitch, and he knows it. Bush knows it too.

What are we gonna do, invade them? Bwaaaaaaaaaah! They would kick our asses so fast we wouldn't even have time to regret it. Impose economic sanctions? ROFL! While I'm at it I think I'll stop banking at Citibank, that will show them!

Best bet: Learn to speak Chinese.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
fluff said:
Er, dude, did you read the article?

'Mexico and Liberia are the most recent countries to abandon state execution.'
sorry, didn't mean 'death penalty', but damn near-so...

The level of brutality Central American migrants face in Mexico was apparent Monday, when police conducting a raid for undocumented migrants near a rail yard outside Mexico City shot to death a local man, apparently because his dark skin and work clothes made officers think he was a migrant.

Virginia Sanchez, who lives near the railroad tracks that carry Central Americans north to the U.S. border, said such shootings in Tultitlan are common.

"At night, you hear the gunshots, and it's the judiciales (state police) chasing the migrants," she said. "It's not fair to kill these people. It's not fair in the United States and it's not fair here."

link