Quantcast

20" of Love

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Went from 24s to 20s. Let's see your BMX whips! Here's my new Fly 3amigos, pretty obvious spec.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Scurban, sounds cool! I wish I could have gotten a lighter frame, but I couldn't pass up this deal: the frame was $200 w/ no tax!

I may add brakes but for street it just feels so good.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
I'll post up picks of my new ride tomarrow! I have an FBM Deployer waiting for me at my LBS. 21.25" and 5.2lbs of PURE satisfation. I've got a Macneil slim / stump combo, S&M slams, new odyssey Evolve 2 brakes, primo Kamakazi fork, and Demoliton Mag Pedals. Its going to be a light weight trail slaying machine!
partly due to me!!!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Scurban, sounds cool! I wish I could have gotten a lighter frame, but I couldn't pass up this deal: the frame was $200 w/ no tax!

I may add brakes but for street it just feels so good.
Did you get the deal through system cycle ?
They were closing those frames out for $133 a week ago :shocked:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Or days longer if you count my previous whips...

Goddamn this bike kills. My bunnyhops are like 6" higher from my Tonic and half cabs are way quicker. I love this thing SOOoooo much.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
here is my steed, thompson seat post maybe tomorrow if i can afford it, if not im doing it seat less for a minute.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice, Sundays are sick. There've gotta be more 20" riders on here, let's see the whips.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Sick bike Peepants, the Sunday frames are sick, Jim C is the man. Here's my 3 Amigos, I've been having just way too much fun on it lately. Also, if there are any monkies in the Socal area, I'll be at the Simi Valley Skatelab next Friday night with some friends. Come hang out.

Attachments

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
i love it....favorite bike. 22.5lbs no pegs. 22.3 with. sooo nice.

nice bike man. I dont mean to disagree with you but the only bikes i see weighin that much are the pimp out pro bikes with lots of titanium. my bike comes in around 26.5 maybe less cuz the shop said ther scale was off. Those pegs must be made out of helium.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i love it....favorite bike. 22.5lbs no pegs. 23.3 with. sooo nice.

nice bike man. I dont mean to disagree with you but the only bikes i see weighin that much are the pimp out pro bikes with lots of titanium. my bike comes in around 26.5 maybe less cuz the shop said ther scale was off. Those pegs must be made out of helium.
you'd be surprised what those tires do
they are 17oz a piece(regular tires are 24ish?) so it drops wieght quick
the pegs are 6oz a piece-hense the 3/4lb.
using light parts throughout a bike is what makes it light-not just a light fork and frame.
the cranks are 1.75lbs(i think thats like .35lbs lighter than a profile ti setup)

things add up.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Here's my whip. 21" Fit S3 Aitken.
Animal Stem, Flow fork, flow bars, profile cranks, Mosh sproket, fly brakes, profile front hub, odyssey rear, micro pegs, macneil sl seat w/ stumpy post

s3's are sick. that was the big toss up for me--350 for an s3, or 200 for the 3amigos. i went witht eh 3amigos, and muuch better wheels(profile/marmoset-hazardlite/7ka)
now that i have the build though-im sure that will be my next frame. sub 22lb=baaaaaaaaller

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
yeah ive looked at mikes bike.
lets add up some parts, that are heavier:
fork.
fat cap seat.(makes all his ti parts add up to haveing steel and an SL)
gyro.
tires.
my frame is light, about 3-4 oz heavier than a LAF.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Bah, plastic pedals are dumb unless you do pedal grinds. (But they're oh so cheap)...

Plegs? Plastic Odyssey pegs or something?

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Bah, plastic pedals are dumb unless you do pedal grinds. (But they're oh so cheap)...

Plegs? Plastic Odyssey pegs or something?
plastic is cheaper, lighter, and with the new advancements-close to as strong.
plegs are by gsport.

Pleg- Propietary Plastic peg. This is the first peg to use Plastic as the STRUCTURE of the peg, and if I do say so myself, the first good plastic peg. Lightest peg available at 3.9 oz. You save 12oz (3/4 lbs) on a 4 peg set up with lightweight steel pegs. Thats 4 Plegs for the weight of 2 steel pegs. Light, Fast and Cheap. Slides on all surfaces, opening up new obstacles(aluminum, brick, etc) while being "park friendly" too. COMING SOON.

xcursedx

Chimp
Mar 11, 2007
519 ( forrest city massive )
my heap

pic is like a year old ( still looks pretty much the same though, been to uk and back (canada ) with her <3 )
fly diablo frame from years ago , chopper forks, hoffman jumping bars, wtp pi rear hub fly front hub ( as you can tell i liked fly , still do ) and some other parts , custom stem from a company i never got off the ground. my bike actually has brakes in that pic.

my bike never has brakes ( well they never stay on )

learning pegless tricks at that time, had primo tenderizer sealed pedals ( gold ) .

i was heavy into street so i would go through alot of parts . bike still looks pretty much the same the frame has held up great , s&m forks and bars now, kink cross bolt stem ( selling to a friend this weekend ) it had a kink og sproket for ages then the lite one.

i'm building up a blk mrkt riot right now though..

getting an ares based flatland bike in a month or so though =)

mister man

Chimp
Mar 6, 2006

nothing fancy, the seat is high in this pic cause i used it for a little commuting as well at the time. if u want some specs i can post some up.