Quantcast

2000 Z1 QR20 Oil Height

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
I was changing the oil in my fork tonight and I noticed that the manual (the good old ones with actual information on the fork) did not state whether to measure the oil height with the dampening rods extended or compressed.

It looks like the change in oil height is significant depending on whether the rod is extended or not. Anyone know which way it is supposed to be measured?

Fork is a 2000 Z1 QR20.

TIA

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Make sure you pump/prime the damper a few times whilst measuring, just to get all out of the cartridge. Everything compressed, no springs.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Rik said:
Make sure you pump/prime the damper a few times whilst measuring, just to get all out of the cartridge. Everything compressed, no springs.
When you say no springs, you mean the larger springs correct? I took off the stanction caps, compression assembly on top of the long spring, and the long springs. I am assuming you leave the top out spring in there (little spring). I this correct?

thanks

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
jmvar said:
When you say no springs, you mean the larger springs correct? I took off the stanction caps, compression assembly on top of the long spring, and the long springs. I am assuming you leave the top out spring in there (little spring). I this correct?

thanks

yep. Neg. springs stay in there.