Quantcast

2001 DH-i help

kamomatt

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Chicago
Looking for a rear axle any help??
And hadley rear hub for 2001 DH-i the freewheel isn't free. A bit to tight chain rolls up when coasting. Any adjustments for this?
MRP which roller goes on top flat or grooved?
Thanks for any help

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Can't help with the axle/hub but the chain stays on ebtter with the grooved roller on top. They come stock with the grooved one on the bottom but this gives your chain enough room to jump if you backpedal under a load at all.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Flat roller on top was the standard configuration, and it's what I've been running for 3 years on my DHis now, with no problems at all. FWIW I run *no* lower roller, and my chain has *never* come off or jammed. NEVER.

Regarding the axle, I have one, but I'm reluctant to let go of it as then I'd be without spare, sorry fella!

And for the hub I'm sure it can be adjusted, but I don't know much about how - do a search.

kamomatt

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Chicago
hey nick 7" plate 8 screws feels heavy.
I bought Marshal's DHi tinkering with it may have a complete bike soon. Not bad shape problem with rear hub no rear axle yet Lots of loose missing bolts great parts bike if I get to ride again.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
Looking for a rear axle any help??
And hadley rear hub for 2001 DH-i the freewheel isn't free. A bit to tight chain rolls up when coasting. Any adjustments for this?
MRP which roller goes on top flat or grooved?
Thanks for any help
Disassembling the hub is easy but I can't remember how to do. :redface:
Maybe the spring which holds the pawls is broken. Call Hadley, they will send you some. When reassembling remember to lubricate it with oil only, no grease.