Quantcast

2001 psylo xc question

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
hrm... rebuilding this old fork and i dunno what goes where. i was surprised to find only one leg with a spring, the other was just empty... when i dumped the old oil out, this little yellow plastic piece fell out and i'm not sure which leg it came from... the one with the spring, or the one without...

anyone?

Attachments

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I've never seen that part before. I had a 2001 Psylo SL. I think you can still download the manual off the RockShox website.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
It's the barstool that the little guy that controls your forks damping sits on. You've found the stool, now where is the little guy?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
SuspectDevice said:
That damper cone snaps into the top of the rebound assembly in the non-spring side of the fork.
hrm... rebound assembly? seems like the non-spring side is basically empty, does that seem right? i can see something at the VERY bottom of the chamber and i've tried pushing that lil piece down, but nothing snaps into place. how bad would it be if i left it out?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
corey_dcstreet said:
hrm... rebound assembly? seems like the non-spring side is basically empty, does that seem right? i can see something at the VERY bottom of the chamber and i've tried pushing that lil piece down, but nothing snaps into place. how bad would it be if i left it out?
It's not empty, it's the damper side! The dome snaps right into the top of the compression base valve. If you leave it out your fork will rebound violently and be generally terrifying, espescially at longer travel. You are going to need to take your lowers off and remove the damper assy, so get some oil and a catch pan, and extra crush nuts if you want to be thorough...