Quantcast

2001 white bros DH2

D

dropmnster

What do you guys think of the white bros DH2 fork good? or bad?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dropmnster said:
its a DH2 it has 7'' it looks really nice.
That's the older one (probably red?). I had one of those for about a season and a half. Very plush but a little twisty without the beefy crowns. If it's something you're looking to buy, ask if it's got them.

I've got a DH3 for sale if "someone" (cough, cough.......OHIO) doesn't get back to me soon. PM me if you're interested. Its got a little more oil volume/better damping than the DH2 and the big crowns.....and it's blue........ooooooohh pretttttyyy.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
kidwoo said:
That's the older one (probably red?). I had one of those for about a season and a half. Very plush but a little twisty without the beefy crowns. If it's something you're looking to buy, ask if it's got them.
Do you have a write up on how to rebuild them suckers? My buddy has one and it's in desparate need of new seals, bushings and oil. I can see how awesome the fork would be rebuilt but can't find anything online about how to go about rebuilding it.

-J

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Sirbikesalot33 said:
Do you have a write up on how to rebuild them suckers? My buddy has one and it's in desparate need of new seals, bushings and oil. I can see how awesome the fork would be rebuilt but can't find anything online about how to go about rebuilding it.

-J
Contact White Brothers and find out how much it would cost to have the fork sent in to them for an overhaul. Their customer service kicks arse in my opinion.

They have been great to deal with for stuff for my 2001 DH2 - they hooked me up with an adapter for the the fork so I could install new stanchion guards, and they were really easy to deal with and very responsive and helpful.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Sirbikesalot33 said:

-J
http://www.whitebrotherscycling.com/manuals.php

Scroll down for 2001-2002 DH2 and click for the pdf manual.

You can order the seals an bushings and do everything yourself.
How do you know it needs new oil? Everytime I went to change mine it was immaculate. The times I actually changed mine had more to do with riding in different temperatures and upping the viscosity for summer warmth.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Sirbikesalot33 said:

-J
Yeah, Ryan needs to get on that...