Quantcast

2003 Boxxer World Cup

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
Alright, so I'm building up my 2003 Bullit, basically buying everything used.

I got an offer to trade one of my existing Fox Vanillas for a 2003 BOxxer WC. Ive heard some good and bad about this fork, ie spiking but better dampening(sort an paradox?)

I plan on doing a lot of steeper downhilish trail riding, and some urban hucking. I also plan to try some DH at mountain creek this summer.

Is this a good fork for my purposes? I'm 130lbs, and dont ride super hard. Also, what is the A-C height of a 2003 Boxxer WC?

Thanks
Byron

bc6

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
its a good fork for the bullit. i ride a 2004 on my bullit. you will need to run some soft/very soft springs. im 170 with the medium springs. also you should get the fork blackboxed if its not already. you should do a search on boxxer and youll geta ton more info.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Agreed, get one white spring and keep one of the yellow springs in the fork.

Then, get the blackbox valve and drill the cartridge. Instructions are on www.sram.com

Run 2.5 wt oil in the rebound and 5 wt in the compression since your so light.

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
thanks, what does the blackbox do? its got the baseline valve upgrade, and i dont know what that is

while I am a mechanic, I have little experience with suspension forks. Is changing oil some of difficulty, and any pictured tutorials around?

Thanks for the help,
Byron

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
the base valve upgrade is the blackbox upgrade.

To change the oil, just take off the top caps, remove the springs and spacers, turn upside down and cycle the fork a couple of times. To fill, turn right side up, pour in oil per the manual, re install spacers and springs, put top caps back on.