Quantcast

2003 Giant Team DH

B2119

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
How many people have ridden a team DH? What were your impressions? I'm looking to get a new bike for this season, but don't want to spend a whole lot. I found one of these near me, and I want to know more about the bike. What have they updated on the new ones? The Maestro suspension looks different than this. Whats the lowdown? TIA :)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I have an 05 now but originally it was an 03 front end. I love the bike. It is a tad tall but when the sag is set it gets low and slack. It is real stable at speed, it is flickable, and you can ride it light through rock gardens well. I'm a huge fan of it and always been a fan of single pivs my vote is yes.

If you get it make sure to take apart the whole linkage area and locktite it all up. And if you use the manitou 6way call manitou and they will send you plenty of bushings for free.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
they are very fun and reliable race bikes. I rode a 15" one before and since the top tube was still 22" it was perfect to muscle around. Its pretty light and can be built light. I'd say that its a definite buy.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Dirtjumper999 said:
they are very fun and reliable race bikes. I rode a 15" one before and since the top tube was still 22" it was perfect to muscle around. Its pretty light and can be built light. I'd say that its a definite buy.

They are not at all reliable. That linkage will fall apart if not well maintained. And they are not at all light. The frame alone is over 13lbs.

One of the new Glory's or a Faith is a much better race bike.