Quantcast

2003 slider brake adapter / maintenance

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
I tracked down a 2003 slider DC (god I love ridemonkey) and I need to get a brake adapter. I am currently running a 185mm hope mono mini on a fox 125 RLC, which is IS. is there an adapter to run this same setup on the manitou with no hassles?

Also, what maintenance needs to be done on the slider? I want to give it the good loving so it lasts a long time. I might replace the seals and change the oil. Is it semi-bath like a dorado? Do I need special tools?

Merry christmas to me!

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i know there is a specific adapter you need for the 74mm post mount. the fork is semi bath.. new seals and oil should be enough for maintenance, unless you have busted internals

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I can't help on the adaptor...

Yes, it's a semi-bath. Concerning the maintenance, once every 10 DH days, pull the lowers and clean them, put a film of grease on the seals/wipers, put ~12cc of Mobil1 oil on each side and go ride your bike. :) The best way to put the semi-bath lube in the lowers is to use a syringe through the bottom holes before putting the bolts back on.

Another useful tip: In order to easily bolt the damping rod to the lowers, slide the bottom-out bumpers at the top of the damping rod before putting the lowers back on.

Hope htis helps! :)

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Those look like 30mm seals for the Black and Minute forks. You want the Evil Genius Seals (like these) but for 32mm stanchion forks.