Quantcast

2004 US Open Finals 5/30 Photos!

wow! what can i say? US Open blew up this year, with many of the big guns in world cup and norba coming out to shell what diablo had to offer.

i only got pro practice and amateur finals today. the album i've uploaded isn't every picture i have...and i got just about every amateur qualifier in their race runs today. just give me your plate number and a brief description of what you were wearing and bike and i'll try to post them to this thread.

http://www.hcor.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album50&op=modload&name=Photos&file=index&include=view_album.php

Muffin slaying the berm

Heikki---BRRAAAP! BRRAAAPP!

Mr Hill airing it

Some LunaChix racer---Marla???

Nobman boostin' it!

Chumba racer bermin'

WTB racer keepin' it low...and FAST!

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
Originally posted by GiantDHRider
Some LunaChix racer---Marla???
cool pics man! that's actually Kathy Pruitt......unfortuantely she didn't get her new helmet i did up for her....long story -- all i can say is that i HATE FED EX!!!....anyway, expect to see her in her new lid in WV

any results yet??

cheers,

-D-

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Men.
1. Sam Hill
2. Rich Houseman
3. David Klassenvanholeshot

Women.
1. Kathy Pruitt
2. Marla Streb
3. Sher
4. April Lawyer (.001 behind Sher) and still made $500 for 4th, thats more than winning a NORBA the last 2 seasons.

Way to go US Open guys for promoting the event, I spoke with some racers and all said how nice to be at a PRO event for a change, they even treat us like professionals.

Stikman
Dirt Magazine

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
definitely an awesome course and event!! I tried my luck at pro class and despite feeling off all weekend and having two mediocre runs, had n awesome time riding the course and hitting up the rest of the mountain!

braapppp...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by dhmtbj
definitely an awesome course and event!! I tried my luck at pro class and despite feeling off all weekend and having two mediocre runs, had n awesome time riding the course and hitting up the rest of the mountain!

braapppp...
What place did you finish in Jay? How was the Azonic compared to the Balfa?

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by MMcG
What place did you finish in Jay? How was the Azonic compared to the Balfa?
placed 43rd of 70 in qualifiers with a stupid fall and a time of 3:40 and placed 52nd in finals with yet another stupid fall and time of 3:42. I was feeling real tired all weekend so I wasn't really riding all that well. Bike felt awesome though, sprints really well with the lighter wheels and tubeless tires, suspension felt better in some situations and worse in others compared to the BB7. I think the BB7 worked better in the really rocky tech stuff, but the azonic felt better in pretty much all other situations.