Quantcast

2005 24 Hours of Dalton

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was gonna post my pics (from Dalton and MBW) last night but I couldn't find my stupid USB cable. Hopefully I can find it tonight :mumble:

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
ghostrider said:
Flippin sweet. Looks like you all had a blast. Wish I could have been there. Although, I wonder if anybody anywhere has ever done a 24 hour race without some sort of weather related misery? 90+ degress is just too damn hot. Just once I want to do one where I don't freeze, melt, burst into flames, wallow in mud, or wash away in a flood.

Greasey Monkey, you know that you are now required to defend that trophy in Tucson. I'd start working on the approvals from family members now if I were you.

I am working on that we will see how it works out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
So who else heard them crank this way up at 4:00am (give or take an hour)
I thought it was a good choice for the solo riders!

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on.
Don't let yourself go, everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes.

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along.
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on.

Everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends.
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand.

If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on.

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes.
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on.
Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on. (repeat & fade)
(Everybody hurts. You are not alone.)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
So who else heard them crank this way up at 4:00am (give or take an hour)
I thought it was a good choice for the solo riders!

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on.
Don't let yourself go, everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes.

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along.
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on.

Everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends.
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand.

If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on.

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes.
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on.
Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on. (repeat & fade)
(Everybody hurts. You are not alone.)
Yep, we heard it too. Perfect choice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did anyone else see some staggering drunk guys cheering on riders in the dark right before the fire road climb? They slurred some encouraging comments that sounded like they were reading off of some motivational posters to everyone riding by. I got a good chuckle from it and have to admit I was jealous.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Westy said:
Did anyone else see some staggering drunk guys cheering on riders in the dark right before the fire road climb? They slurred some encouraging comments that sounded like they were reading off of some motivational posters to everyone riding by. I got a good chuckle from it and have to admit I was jealous.
Apparently those guys were the "shots for wheelies" guys... If you did a good wheelie through that section, they would hand out shots of Jim Beam... :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crashby said:
Apparently those guys were the "shots for wheelies" guys... If you did a good wheelie through that section, they would hand out shots of Jim Beam... :thumb:
Damn I did not realize that. I suck at wheelies but at that point I would have happily flipped my bike over on to my ass for som Beam,

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Damn I did not realize that. I suck at wheelies but at that point I would have happily flipped my bike over on to my ass for som Beam,
:thumb: Someone was talking about them when I was coming in or going out for a lap. I saw them and thought they were lost or something :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I think I saw them on my last lap, just as you go from the field into the section of singletrack before the over.......I think my erratic riding scared them so I didnt get any Beam either

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
I think I saw them on my last lap, just as you go from the field into the section of singletrack before the over.......I think my erratic riding scared them so I didnt get any Beam either
Ok...yeah....that's where I saw them too. Wish I had known they had boooooze at the time!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Time for some pictures!!!

Racers Ready (L-R): Stuntmatty, Westy, Sq-Earl, Splat & McGRP01

Westy at the start

Sq-Earl & Matty at the start

Sq-Earl mounting his trusty steed for lap 1.

Stuntmatty heading out after his run for lap 1:

Westy’s on the over-under:

Westy returning from lap 1 (note the time :eek: )

Sq-Earl returning from lap 1 (again, note the time)

One of my favorite shots—Westy chasing down JollyTime through the over-under:

Sq-Earl’s action shots:

Echo’s action shots:

Tweek’s action shots:

TreeSaw’s action shots:

Crashby heading through the over-under:

Instigator heading out for a lap:

Alex’s action shots:

Rob (member of Humanity’s Only Hope) heading out for his last lap:

IAB Action shots:

Miscellaneous shots in the staging area getting ready to head out for some laps:

TreeSaw & McGRP01:

Goddy43, greasey monkey & TreeSaw:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Definately some great pics folks. I'm lame with the camera and only took a few. I'll post them when I can get them into my PC.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Well you weren't last! That was my only goal when we did our first 24 race last year.
Cool...somebody must have DNF'd! :thumb: Hahaha!!!

Oh well, I was pleased with my lap times over all, and have some goals to shoot for for next year! :)

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Awesome weekend! Gotta thank Treesaw for hooking us up with food, and T-Blazer for getting the parts I needed in the day before we left. Also a big shout of love to Justbill. Once again you hook us up with something we really needed, and the plantains were great too! Last but not least mad props to Heather, Holly and Heather our volunteers. We couldn't do this event without your support.

It was great to see everyones times really improve over last years (except mine). Missed Deyv, Isa and Ghostrider this year, but riding with Crashby and Sorge was a blast. It's always cool mingling with the rest of you monkeys and getting to know everyone better.

I really liked the DH side of the course this year, but it was too rough for that kind of race. I counted four meat wagon trips and thats four too many. I hope Tom makes a full recovery.

Crashby = Hero.

Hey Nick the Brit! Had a great night lap climbing the hill with you.

Greasey Monkey - your hard work and discipline are an inspiration to me. You threw down on the course and it was mind blowing. I'm going to get you a custom jersey with a target on the back. Next year I'm taking aim and passing you....on my flats!

Hope to see some more pics in this post!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
stuntmatty said:
Greasey Monkey - your hard work and discipline are an inspiration to me. You threw down on the course and it was mind blowing. I'm going to get you a custom jersey with a target on the back. Next year I'm taking aim and passing you....on my flats!

I know it is important to aim high, but Matty you might not want to aim THAT high :p

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
What a great weekend. It was pleasure meeting some of you monkeys and seeing some of you guys that i knew but didn't know were monkeys..
Anyway, our team, Bikerag, did pretty well. We were very consitent and everyone on the team just performed so awesome. Our superstar was GI Jane, who put in 5 laps all of them 56 minutes or under. We finished second in 5 person coed, with 24 laps.
I felt good with a couple laps in the 50's but cramping killed me in the end. I wasn't drinking enough gatorade and wasn't planning on having to do a 5th lap.. You may have seen me in the parking lot lying on the ground sceaming, as i had ceized up when i went to get into my Jeep.. All is good now though and only great memories of the weekend...

Thanks to your cook for using his torch to heat up my seatpost to allow me to lower it a bit. That seatpost will never be coming out of that ti frame. Just that little bit it moved saved my lower back..

Can't wait till next year.. Actually yeah i can...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
crash test said:
What a great weekend. It was pleasure meeting some of you monkeys and seeing some of you guys that i knew but didn't know were monkeys..
Anyway, our team, Bikerag, did pretty well. We were very consitent and everyone on the team just performed so awesome. Our superstar was GI Jane, who put in 5 laps all of them 56 minutes or under. We finished second in 5 person coed, with 24 laps.
I felt good with a couple laps in the 50's but cramping killed me in the end. I wasn't drinking enough gatorade and wasn't planning on having to do a 5th lap.. You may have seen me in the parking lot lying on the ground sceaming, as i had ceized up when i went to get into my Jeep.. All is good now though and only great memories of the weekend...

Thanks to your cook for using his torch to heat up my seatpost to allow me to lower it a bit. That seatpost will never be coming out of that ti frame. Just that little bit it moved saved my lower back..

Can't wait till next year.. Actually yeah i can...
Congrats on your 2nd place finish!! Man, you guys hauled some ass. Three of our guys suffered some pretty bad cramping. Eh, I'd rather deal with heat and cramping than the rainy, muddy hell that was last year.

Someone pointed out a few of you Bikeraggers as you went zooming by (you, GI Jane, and PM), but they pointed you out too late so I couldn't snap any pics. Next year!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
crash test said:
Thanks to your cook for using his torch to heat up my seatpost to allow me to lower it a bit.
You guys wern't too far from us. The torch worked better than the mallet you were using huh? Nice! :) Congrats on your finish!

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
Westy said:
I found them! I was climbing ever so slowly when i thought i saw a couple guys sitting about 30 feet into the woods in the pitch dark. I shined my light over to them and next thing you know i was taking a giant swig of Jim Beam (and being offered some other stuff). Had my drink, they gave me a pep talk, I thanked them for their important work, and off i went.

I got back to out campsite and told the above tale, Rob on our team was able to find them as well - they were running alongside of him dumping whiskey down his throat while proclaiming that he was an "Animal" etc..

I love those guys.

And that lap was actually my fastest lap.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Well, I see the results still aren't posted on Adrenalin's site, so here's Team Jackalope's (non-Ass-Balancer division) times -- unofficial, of course:

Sq-Earl: 0:54 | 0:53 | 0:59 | 1:06
Echo: 1:05 | 1:05 | 1:15 | 1:09
Tweek: 1:03 | 1:05 | 1:17 | 1:05
Treesaw: 1:28 | 1:40 | 1:42
Crashby: 1:06 | 2:21*| 1:08

*spent lap w/downed rider

EDIT:
Per official times:
Sq-Earl:----0:54 | 0:53 | 0:57 | 1:14
Echo:-------1:05 | 1:04 | 1:15 | 1:09
Tweek:------1:02 | 1:06 | 1:15 | 1:05
Treesaw:----1:27 | 1:39 | 3:35(?)
Crashby:----1:05 | 2:23 | 1:09

(Treesaw's 3:35 lap doesn't look right to me.) :confused:

splat

Nam I am
Well Since the official results STILL!! aren't posted ! dam you'd think a week would be more than enough time , here are the unofficial time for 4MMAB

Splat----------| 1:15 | 1:15 | 1:15 | 1:13 |
--------------------------------------------
Dougla--------| 0:53 | 0:52 | 1:03 | 1:00 | 1:20
I Are Bababoon| 1:08 | 1:11 | 1:14 | 1:08 |
JolleyTime-----| 1:09 | 1:10 | 1:12 | 1:05 |
MMcG---------| 1:35 | 1:30 | 1:28 | |

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is awesome how everyone had such consistant laps. I honestly don't know how you guys could do the same lap times at night, I had to slow down significantly for fear of death.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
I honestly don't know how you guys could do the same lap times at night, I had to slow down significantly for fear of death.
If we were as fast as you during the day, we would probably have to slow down at night :D