Quantcast

2005 Asheville street comp pics

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Despite morning rains, the comp still went down, and it was still lots of fun. The course was cool, with some parts better than last year, and some parts not as good. Either way, I'm glad they got a location to put this thing together. Here are my pictures:

Jim Dechamp

Herndon 4 prez.

Joe Haley, NC local that shreds the hell out of everything I've seen him ride.

The first car.

The truck wall ride, lots of fun.

Joe Haley.

Garrett Beytagh. My fav shot from yesterday I think.

Joe Haley again, Car #2.

Herndon 4 prez, #3. Up there with the powerlines.

A guy filming.

Those are the best ones, PM if you were there, I probably have shots of you too. I took lots.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Nice work. I am not a huge fan of Urban (much respect though) but this pic is really cool

Nice work

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
werd dog, the guy on the full rigid is Jason Schwinebart (sp?). he is the guy that did the sinister test in Dirt Rag and was dropping off that billboard.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
another side note, next year is gonna own all the years past. we will hopefully be starting planning in the next 2 months.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well this also wasnt a steet style comp either, it was a speed trials dual slalom set up. all this stuff was done in mid race.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
brake_and_bleed said:
it still amuses me how much mtb has too catch up with bmx'ing,
eg. some guy pulled a superman decade off on the xgames and it wasnt focused on that much!
You're right. MTB pwn3d, again. I'm selling my bikes and taking up golf.

los jefes

Monkey
May 10, 2004
Asheville, NC
I just want to say thanks to everyone that made it happen. I could not have pulled this off without the help of these individuals. Fred Schuldt, Stiles Cummings, Thomas Coffee, John Roberts, Ian Leone, Michael Mooney, Mike Kennedy and if I forgot you I apologize. We had fun and I look forward to next year. Keep in mind this event went from not happening to what you see in 5 weeks. We will have time to plan for next year so watch out. Thanks to TP for posting the pics and thanks to his crew for helping us move some ramps around. There will be a DVD available in the next few months, if you are interested e-mail me at events@libertybikes.com

Thanks,
Jeff

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
los jefes said:
I just want to say thanks to everyone that made it happen. I could not have pulled this off without the help of these individuals. Fred Schuldt, Stiles Cummings, Thomas Coffee, John Roberts, Ian Leone, Michael Mooney, Mike Kennedy and if I forgot you I apologize. We had fun and I look forward to next year. Keep in mind this event went from not happening to what you see in 5 weeks. We will have time to plan for next year so watch out. Thanks to TP for posting the pics and thanks to his crew for helping us move some ramps around. There will be a DVD available in the next few months, if you are interested e-mail me at events@libertybikes.com

Thanks,
Jeff
I had a blast, I'll help again next year because I will for sure be back. Glad you like the pics, let me know if you need any for anything.

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
first off, biggins is a pimp

coolest wallride ever

closer angle

over the box jump at the bottom of the course

jim dechamp in the second berm

dechamp leading through the curved wallride

jumping a welders nightmare/dream

attempted tailwhip during the jump competition

schwinny representin

mini-caravaning back north to dc and annapolis, schwinny out the window with dechamp driving

and a big thanks to biggins for lettin us crash at his pad again :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Looks like some awesome riding !!!! Hvae any pics of the whole course ???? Id love to see the layout. thanks for sharing!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
shifty, i need to send you some money for shipping for that frame, also someone left some shin pads at my place. try to get in touch with Jim/Jason or whoever and find out who owns them. I may just call Jim but i dont remember him wearing any pads.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Bump for some sweet pictures, and a very cool comp. Watching Herndon boost that truck wallride was crazy. I still think it was funny when he got **** from people on here for his typing skills. He's got some skills........!

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
tp as usual mad props for the pics man. hate i missed it damn you fun depot. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
mtnbiker66 said:
nice pics. Did you get a pic of Jim hitting his melon on that front flip attempt?
If you are talking about DeChamp, please don't tell me he landing on his head again off of a front flip?
His last crash doing that was the worst that I have ever seen.
Lawndarting 15+ feet straight down on his head.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Jeremy R said:
If you are talking about DeChamp, please don't tell me he landing on his head again off of a front flip?
His last crash doing that was the worst that I have ever seen.
Lawndarting 15+ feet straight down on his head.
He tried another one. Misjudged the gap, or something (I don't know how front flips work) and as Rick so elegantly put it.. kissed the transition. The very backside of it.. with his face