Quantcast

2005 Cannondale Prophets

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
What do you guys think of the new Cannondale Prophets. You think they can take some 5 foot drops on the leftys.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
They are AWESOME. Im getting one in January/Feb. I got to demo them out about a month ago and came away VERY impressed. They can handle drops up to 8 id say with a decent tranny. But that's just a guess. Canondale wouldnt like it, but it is marketed as an FR bike and they demo'd them at whistler and all, so yeah, some 5ers should be fine. Thats what im planning on doing with mine.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Looks kickass, and the reviews are saying it owns. That Lefty is stiffer than hell. I just wish I had the $$$ for one...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Thats cool. Yea im thinkin about gettin a 1000 in blue next spring. I cant wait i am so due for a new bike. I heard the left is bad on the lowest model(no external adjustment) and i dont like the dual control shifters on the 800. So you get your moneys worth on the 1000.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I havent heard that yet, it looks like a pretty solid all around bike. Of course there is the myth about C'dales, but i still like em. In my opinion there is no other bike in the shop that i work at that is all around like that in that price range. And we carry specialized!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
yeah, there solid, dont ask me how they are, but they just are. Cannondale seems to have freaky light frames that are crazy strong. Yet other companys havent caught on yet.

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Awesome bike, I'm getting a frame and building it up as a fairly burly trail bike that will double as a 4x bike come race season, I can't wait to get it, VERY nice construction of the frame too

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yes, i know, my bike is freakishly light too, but that could mostly be because of the headshock. I still dont like how cannondale uses larger head tubes, but i guess taht could be so they can make there forks stiffer. My bike is still riddled with CODA parts though which are like a kick in the :nuts: when you wanna buy new parts.

rpk1988 said:
I still dont like how cannondale uses larger head tubes, but i guess taht could be so they can make there forks stiffer.

makes the forks stiffer, as well as stronger. it is actually teh same headtube as a 1.5. you can mount a 1.5 headtube on them no problem, just need a 1.5 headset adn stem to go along with it.

rpk1988 said:
Thats cool. Yea im thinkin about gettin a 1000 in blue next spring. I cant wait i am so due for a new bike. I heard the left is bad on the lowest model(no external adjustment) and i dont like the dual control shifters on the 800. So you get your moneys worth on the 1000.
the other big thing about the 1000 is that it comes with spv, the lower models do not.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Zman said:
makes the forks stiffer, as well as stronger. it is actually teh same headtube as a 1.5. you can mount a 1.5 headtube on them no problem, just need a 1.5 headset adn stem to go along with it.
Not necessarily true, most of the new bikes work with 1.5, however most of the older bikes did not. The headtube was not designed for the deep insertion of the 1.5 headset standard.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
Not necessarily true, most of the new bikes work with 1.5, however most of the older bikes did not. The headtube was not designed for the deep insertion of the 1.5 headset standard.
Right, but all of the new bikes are 1.5 standard, which includes the Prophets.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Nice, yea I like how they come with SPV. Also they come with a better rear shock. I believe it is a Manitou Swinger 3 Way. Thats a plus!