Quantcast

2006 p3 enjoy

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! looks sort of like the enduro front triangle. what is that fork? i hope it doesnt suck like the dj street

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
dirtjumpP.1 said:
what is that fork? i hope it doesnt suck like the dj street
well the fork is called the DJURBAN so im guessing it will be pretty good for DJ and street. The chainstay looks really short. I bet it could be manualed in circles. :drool: I love it!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
linky
not much else on the site

except the new road frames and rockhoppers / hardrocks.

here's the p2.

Attachments

webeskankin3

Chimp
Apr 21, 2005
dirtjumpP.1 said:
SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! looks sort of like the enduro front triangle. what is that fork? i hope it doesnt suck like the dj street
its a marzocchi DJ Urban must be an OEM model they have for it.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
I think the fork is basicly what most of the Marzocchi sponsored riders have been riding. Basicly Z1 Uppers (Or something similar, maybe AM uppers without the crown cut out..) and DJ lowers, and set at 80mm of travel...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Nicer than the current models for sure.

Wait - Is it me or does the back wheel look bigger than the front?

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
dirtjumpP.1 said:

Correct, We got an 06 dealer book in at our shop.....the frame is based off the enduro

most of the xc and road bikes are carbon.

Big hits have dual 26" and no more single pivot frame, all big hit have 180mm rear travel except for the big hit 3 that has 209mm and also has a 888 on the front, the big hit 2 has drop off triples and the big hit 1 has (forgot the name) with 150mm single crown.

The enduros are super sick, no words can tell you how sexy they are.

They are not making P. street's any more ( i got it in the last year), the P1 chromo is unchanged, all the P's (except for the p1 chromo) come with pretty good marz fork and are speced out pretty nice

Y2J

Chimp
Jun 8, 2005
Any guestimates on the cost? I want to pick up a new bike and have been looking at several and really like the current p3 which is around $1500 or so.

Anyone sell Specialized bikes online at a good price or am I better off going to a local shop.?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Y2J said:
Any guestimates on the cost? I want to pick up a new bike and have been looking at several and really like the current p3 which is around $1500 or so.

Anyone sell Specialized bikes online at a good price or am I better off going to a local shop.?
They don't sell their bikes online.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
biggins said:
looks kinda flexy and doesnt come in root beer.
It took a whole page and a half for someone to say that. Guys I think we're slackin off...

Oh yeah, Im glad to see singletrack on the p.2 I love those wheels

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
nope, some guy from specialized was testing this fork out at my local trails, and it rules. Lighter then a 05 dj, and it looks just as stiff. the crown is bolt on too! it looked super nice!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
sweetness, any word on an after market model?

He didn't really have too much info to give me, other then the physical aspects of the fork. In fact he didn't even mention that it would be going on the 06 P-bikes.

I hope they sell if aftermarket though, because it was really nice. As I mentioned before the crown was bolt on, but it looked thicker then previous DJ's. (it looked similar to the crown on the fox 36..... well sort of) It was real stiff laterally, and had a really nice feel when you put the front brake on, and pushed the bars down.