Quantcast

2006 Voluenteer Apreciation Ride ( picture Flood )

splat

Nam I am
Well It was deleayed a little bit , due to weather but it happened .

and after much chatter on email weather the trails were going to be OK or not to ride ,late last night after checking the OK was given to ride the trails .

SO now this was a gathering thank you for doing trail work in 2006 , as part of the merlin Trail care Series , so first we rode , then we had a nice lunch and finally Drew the name of the luckey Person who would become the owner of anew Merlin Frame.

So we all gatererd in Borderland State park in Easton Mass. the trails were in mint shape , there were a couple places we had to avoid but over it was in very good conditions.

we start out in the parking lot.

The gang is all here

This may not be much But I screwed up big time trying to get up on the thing. and twisted my ankle but good, so I sit typing this I have my Ankle in a brace, and I have been Icing it.

Now what is a ride in Boulderland with out a rock garden ( or 10 )

and The there was Quo_fan , who was wearing Chain Mail, Granted it was taped to the side of his helmet to counter weigh the video camera on the other side.

then the Voz gomes ripping though on his bullit , and said , "rocks ???"

Now this was something I wish I had gotten a picture of , the silver turtle made the appraoch to this launch and just as he got to it saw a Dog right in the middle of the landing ! he hit his brakes hard and did the most incedible nose wheelie , and how he ddid not go over the top , no one could figure out , it defied gravity!

here he is hitting it with out a dog in the way .

IF_rider

Donny

and Mike from the front view

new we came to this lttle gaper

Here donny is hitting it but her really doesn't have enough Speed so He cases it.

then things just continued to go Bad. and down he went

Mike showing the better way to do it.,

the pictures make this little rooty rocky down hill look like a nothing but it was not as easy as it looks .

Vozz

Berkshire_rider

IF_rider goes over the rock

BillE

Donny

Did I mention it was the triumpiant Return of DR , Mr Riding Rides again!!!

Mike down some rocks

IF_rider from a different angle

Mike hits a Roller ,but hucks it anyway

Mr Riding on a set of Planks

Zach Says Hi how you doing !

the Silver turtle goes over a rock

IF_rider tells him he took the easy way , to which the turtle wanted to know why He was so hurtful :(

SO here is IF_rider going the harder way over

Mike can't pass up this challenge. ( since there was some time to kill while Berkshire_rider changed a flat. )

the silver turtle off another roller , but huckes it.

IF_rider doing the same , but met a tree on the run out , discovered trees win!!

this trail was the only one that was really muddy, but hey there were planks !!

DR coming of the end of thos planks .

then on to the friends trail , and the loooong plank section

right after I took this picture this guy went off of the planks and endo'ed right in front of me

Quo_fan on the plank, he made it .

and fianlly DR on the planks

at this point the batteries in my camera went dead.

But we were just about done anyway, we got out and had a Yummy Lunch , then the drawing for the frame.

adn Congratulations go to the Silver turtle , who won him self a Merlin!!!

Hope fully QuoFan will post the picture of him in a Total state of shock at hearing his name drawn!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Fabulous ride! I had a blast! It felt good to ride one of my old haunts again.

Here is Silver Turtle just after hearing his name.

The video will take longer, I'm having difficulty getting Premiere to see my camera. When I get it sorted, I'll hack together some clips and upload them.