Quantcast

2007 Best Pictures from Reuters

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That gorilla photo was on CNN last night. Entire segment with AC going to the congo. They were killed by the "charcoal mafia". There is a black market in charcoal there, and the forest ranger are trying to keep these guys from destroying the trees for charcoal, they got too close and as a "warning", the charcoal guys executed the Gorrllas. 1 shot to the back of the head for most of them.

Some people need to be executed themselves.

Also, Reuters photos of the year gallery is always amazing, thanks for the link.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Some people need to be executed themselves.
I think so to some times, and some times I think that those doing such things are so effin hungry that I cant blame them for doing what ever they can to get that money. Who are we in the north to judge them when it's we that keep them in poverty with our subsidized agricultural goods and tolls against the only thing they can export to us. Sure I could execute them, I wanna save some gorillas, but I'd rather execute those politicians and cylinderhats that keep their countries in poverty and forces those people to do sick stuff like this.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I think so to some times, and some times I think that those doing such things are so effin hungry that I cant blame them for doing what ever they can to get that money. Who are we in the north to judge them when it's we that keep them in poverty with our subsidized agricultural goods and tolls against the only thing they can export to us. Sure I could execute them, I wanna save some gorillas, but I'd rather execute those politicians and cylinderhats that keep their countries in poverty and forces those people to do sick stuff like this.
You really shouldn't post when you have no idea what you are talking about. This has nothing to do with poverty, in the least. It has to do with very profitable illegal activities by organized crime.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
You really shouldn't post when you have no idea what you are talking about. This has nothing to do with poverty, in the least. It has to do with very profitable illegal activities by organized crime.
:stupid:
Charcoal making in Brazil is also highly profitable venture, namely due to slavery. Workers are tricked into debt bondage, forced to work countless hours in deadly conditions in order to pay off a debt that was never agreed upon in the first place. Kiln owners make off like bandits thanks to the sacrifices of their "employees."

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Very profitable in an African economic meaning.. They look up north and all they see is our greed and say, "well hell, lets go kill some gorillas, I'm greedy too".

I met a guy from Brazil the other weekend. He was a capoeira instructor but also had a pitbull that he fought with for money. I asked how he could do such a thing and the answer I got was with the same meaning I gave as an example in my previous post. "It's just animals, why shouldn't I make a living off of it?"

I don't like it, I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian, but can I blame him really? Not while all I see around me is vanity. Humans make money of humans in pretty similar ways still today.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DUDE.

South Africa ... artist Tim Patch, who calls himself 'Pricasso', paints a portrait of Olga Braude using his penis at the Sexpo in Johannesburg, September 28, 2007 / Reuters photo