Quantcast

2007 Shimano Line Up - SEX

x-vert

Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Few pics of some of the new stuff they just released.

XTR Line Up - M970-5 Model

BL-M970 / BR-M970: V-Brake & V-Brake Lever - Same as it was 5 years ago

SL-M970: RapidFire Plus Shift Levers

SM-RT97: XTR Rotor - UGLY

FH-M975/M970: Rear Hubs

BL-M975: Hydraulic Disc Brake Lever

FD-M971: Down-Swing Front Derailleur

FD-M970: Top-Swing Front Derailleur

RD-M970/M971: Rear Derailleurs

FC-M970: Hollowtech II Crankset - My next cranks for my DH Racing Bike - 4 Bolt 104mm !!!!!!!!

CS-M970: 9-Speed Cassette

BR-M975 Disc Brake

HB-M976: 20mm Thru Axle XTR hub

ST-M970/M975: Dual Control Levers

XT Line Up - More Stuff To Come

XT Rear Shifter and Derailleur

XT Rear Derailleur

XT Cranks - I'm sure they're not finished

Lighter Saint Rear Hub

LX Shifter and Derailleur

LX Derailleur

Hone Rear Derailleur

New Line up - DXR Cranks

DXR Mech. Lever

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
the xtr cranks are hot. definitely going on my bike next season. the rest of the stuff i could care less about.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks cool, but I have been very happy with my SRAM gear. Shimano needs to get away from the proprietary applications.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
But Sram's stuff is proprietary as well. At least they produce for compatibility with shimano, but X.O. is all pretty proprietary...not really any different. Shimano is producing all sorts of bits that you can mix and match with other manu's for 07', and have gone back to a standard bolt pattern for XTR chainrings. Basically, they are doing exactly what you are asking for.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The DXR brake lever looks exactly like my Tektro and will probably cost twice as much. If the cranks weren't 4 bolt I might run 'em. The new cranks look great and the hubs do as well. The new Shimano stuff looks pretty damn good. I want to see these triggers so I can judge them for myself.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
The XTR design seems sorta conflicted to me. One side its stripped down and sorta a minimalist art deco (hubs, cranks) and the rest is modernity (levers, ders)

I think the cranks/hubs look great but I also thought that last years XT looked sweet too!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
rideit said:
But Sram's stuff is proprietary as well. At least they produce for compatibility with shimano, but X.O. is all pretty proprietary...not really any different. Shimano is producing all sorts of bits that you can mix and match with other manu's for 07', and have gone back to a standard bolt pattern for XTR chainrings. Basically, they are doing exactly what you are asking for.
But you can't run the brakes without the hubs. You also can't run the cranks without the bottom bracket. That's what I'm talking about. I can run my Hayes brakes on any IS hub, and I can also run my ISIS cranks on any ISIS bottom bracket.

So if you like the hubs, you'd better like the brakes or your SOL.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
jimmydean said:
But you can't run the brakes without the hubs. You also can't run the cranks without the bottom bracket. That's what I'm talking about. I can run my Hayes brakes on any IS hub, and I can also run my ISIS cranks on any ISIS bottom bracket.

Sure you can. I am running XTR cranks with a race face BB on one bike, (new style), and XTR brakes on a DT hubset on another. AND a Hayes set on an XTR hubset on another setup.
You just have to know how to pick and match.
Next year's stuff will be even easier to mix n' match.
I really have no idea about some of your accusations, respectfully. You can run Hayes brakes with pretty much ANY hubset, if you know what adaptor to use. It is simple stuff.
(and ISIS is pretty much dead, anyway, as it stands)

x-vert

Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
rideit said:
Sure you can. I am running XTR cranks with a race face BB on one bike, (new style), and XTR brakes on a DT hubset on another. AND a Hayes set on an XTR hubset on another setup.
You just have to know how to pick and match.
Next year's stuff will be even easier to mix n' match.
I really have no idea about some of your accusations, respectfully. You can run Hayes brakes with pretty much ANY hubset, if you know what adaptor to use. It is simple stuff.
(and ISIS is pretty much dead, anyway, as it stands)
Exactly

The spine disc hubs will go big within a few years, it's going to be come the new standard for rotors. Same goes for the new external bb's, they're already super popular, and alot more ppl are using them than the ISIS. This season I've converted to both.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
x-vert said:
Exactly

The spine disc hubs will go big within a few years, it's going to be come the new standard for rotors. Same goes for the new external bb's, they're already super popular, and alot more ppl are using them than the ISIS. This season I've converted to both.
Spline disc will never be the standard because Shimano wants a royalty for it. Other companies will never pay a royalty fee to be able to use the spline pattern, so it won't become a standard.

I'm waiting for shimano's 14 speed rear setup to come out...should be revolutionary. :rolleyes:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
jimmydean said:

you can run the brakes without the hubs...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the new xtr cranks are sex. I hope i can manage to put a pair on my bike for next season...I am skeptical about this new bb system, i like what they have going on currently. If it aint broke...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ian F said:
The return of Rapidfire! :love:
Be careful when you say that around here. To some around here Shimano is the devil :evil:

Oh and don't think we didn't notice your post count at the same time you mentioned rapidfire. :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jimmydean said:

News to me. I am running Saint brakes on hope/hadley hubs. They still make 6 bolt rotors.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Transcend said:
News to me. I am running Saint brakes on hope/hadley hubs. They still make 6 bolt rotors.
Guess I'm just a jackass then. I was told I couldn't run the Saint brakes without the splined hubs, that the Saint rear D only worked with the Saint hub (can't run that because my frame is 150mm), so I was stuck.

Sorry to piss people off when I was poorly informed by the shop.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
jimmydean said:
Guess I'm just a jackass then. I was told I couldn't run the Saint brakes without the splined hubs, that the Saint rear D only worked with the Saint hub (can't run that because my frame is 150mm), so I was stuck.

Sorry to piss people off when I was poorly informed by the shop.
You can only run the fancy saint splined rotors with a splined hub, but shimano still makes 3 sizes of 6 bolt rotors. You do need the hub to run the derrailleur though. Saint brake levers are nothing more than Xts with darker paint, not sure if there is any caliper difference besides shape.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
robdamanii said:
Did you order some new ones then? :rofl:

Seriously...I wonder how much more this round of XTR stuff will cost compared to the last incarnation.
If it's much more i think they will have trouble with sales...I dont see how they can sell the new crank at the same price point and the old one was $$$. :dead:...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
manhattanprjkt83 said:
If it's much more i think they will have trouble with sales...I dont see how they can sell the new crank at the same price point and the old one was $$$. :dead:...
Au Contraire...due to the re-introduction of standard XT/LX bolt pattern on the XTR, I predict the new crankset will go like hotcakes....seriously.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Other shimano newz for '07
Saint der's. will be availaable in high-normal (not rapid rise)
150mm Saint rear hubs will be available too.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
rideit said:
Au Contraire...due to the re-introduction of standard XT/LX bolt pattern on the XTR, I predict the new crankset will go like hotcakes....seriously.
trust me ill be first in line for them, i love the idea, im just saying that they are insane $$$