Quantcast

2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe Sizing

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Guys,

I am looking at a 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe. I am about 5'10" and am thinking about the large (16"). The Kona website lists it as having almost exactly the same top tube length as my med Bottlerocket's effective top tube (23"). The actual top tube of the BR is (22.4"). Is it more accurate to compare the actual top tube or the effective top tube of the BR vs. the Stinky top tube listed on the Kona website?

Also, has anyone had any issues with the longish chainstays 17.9" for riding tight tech stuff and skinnies?

Thanks.

Last edited:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Guys,

I am looking at a 2008 Kona Stinky Deluxe. I am about 5'10" and am thinking about the large (16"). The Kona website lists it as having almost exactly the same top tube length as my med Bottlerocket's effective top tube (23"). The actual top tube of the BR is (22.4"). Is it more accurate to compare the actual top tube or the effective top tube of the BR vs. the Stinky top tube listed on the Kona website?

Also, has anyone had any issues with the longish chainstays 17.9" for riding tight tech stuff and skinnies?

Thanks.
I'm on my second stinky deluxe, I like what they did with the 2007/2008 frames compared to the 2003 frame I had in the past. The bike feels more updated IMO.

The only real downside is the chainstay length but it's not too bad. You might notice it on a super-tight skinny but if you can hop your back wheel around you'll be fine. A nice benefit is the added stability of the longer CS.

For the size you'd be fine on the large or even the x-large if you like a slightly roomier cockpit. I'm 6'0" with long legs and I ride a XL (16.5") 2007 frame and I like the sizing. The ETT on mine is 23.5" which is pretty much my optimal ETT dimension. Up until 2007 Kona measured their ETT poorly so they stated my ETT as 24.1"... For the 08 frames they seem to have gotten the numbers right so the stated TT is most likely the ETT. Compare the geo charts to the 2007 charts, the numbers are slightly different but the frames stayed the same between the two years.

Overall I like the bike, I got a good deal on it in a trade so if you can get yours for a good price I say go for it.