Quantcast

2009 Beacon Downhill Race: Double Down Hoe Down

ANDREASEN

Chimp
Jan 1, 2008
2 DH Events, one weekend, say what. $25 per event, 2 seperate courses!

Call Wheel Sport EAST for more info 509-921-7729

Registration until 1pm Friday and 10am Saturday/Sunday

March 27-28-29
Practice Friday March 27 from 9-5
Practice Saturday/Sunday 7:30-11
Race Saturday/Sunday 12-?
Awards at 4pm

Cash for pros, prizes TBA

Last edited:

ANDREASEN

Chimp
Jan 1, 2008
There is a "Jeff Jackson Class" the entry fee is a 30 pack of high life, and the goal is to beat him at drinking it. I think he can drink 30 beers in about 25 minutes.

Love,
Josh

Bring back the meat.

cdub162

Chimp
Feb 14, 2009
Yes there will be 2 courses and 2 races. There will be practice on Friday with both courses taped. Saturday will be practice all morning till 11 with the saturday race course open. Racing will start at 12 to 1230. Then sunday will be practice all morning till 11 and then Racing at 12 1230. As far as the courses go we would like to mix it up so you will just have to wait and see.

love, Chris W.

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
sweet, but the faster you make it dual, the earlier i will start making plans (read: stocking up on beer)

that is unless kyle and mike made the entire dual track off camber too

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
NO CAMPING ON-SITE. << Edit: This is wrong. Chris informs me that there WILL be on-site camping this year (see his note below). Parks Dept. is allowing it on an experimental basis. Respect your Wheel Sport hosts please if you camp and be good campers so that it can continue to be allowed at Beacon events. Thanks.
-- Doug

By the way, Josh:
The online entry is not in the secure part of your web server - - not a good place for entering credit card info.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
NO CAMPING ON-SITE.

Camp Sekani is city park property governed by city ordinance, which means no camping. This will also be true for the Beacon Blowout race in April. Spread the word so there are no unfortunate ugly incidents like last year.

By the way, Josh:
The online entry is not in the secure part of your web server - - not a good place for entering credit card info.
If you don't feel like giving your credit card info out over teh interwebs just click pay cash at event. Pretty simple. IMO (and several others Im sure) wheel sport holding the event will be a good thing, considering the fact that last year was the first one in recent memory in which the timing wasn't an "unfortunate ugly incident"

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
If you don't feel like giving your credit card info out over teh interwebs just click pay cash at event. Pretty simple.
That's probably what I'll do. I was just trying point out that their CC info part is NOT on the secure side of their server, which anyone wanting to pay by credit card should have the good sense to be concerned about. They have the mechanism for it because they have a "secure checkout" site on their online store.

Don't think that's dissing them for holding an event. Three Beacon races in one year is always better than one :thumb:

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Yes there will be 2 courses and 2 races. There will be practice on Friday with both courses taped. Saturday will be practice all morning till 11 with the saturday race course open. Racing will start at 12 to 1230. Then sunday will be practice all morning till 11 and then Racing at 12 1230. As far as the courses go we would like to mix it up so you will just have to wait and see.

love, Chris W.
Will points be awarded as 2 different races on USA cycling or just one total?

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
The race at Fontana is their championship event for the Southridge Series so there'll be a ton of people there. On the national gravity calendar too so being the serious racers that Tyler and I are we have to pass on this one.

BUT

Im sure the Beacon race will be a ton of fun everyone should go

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
i think i registered but it might have messed up, i emailed wheelsport. can anyone tell me if i'm registered? Trevor Pratt expert 19-29? if not ill do it again, i just dont want to be charged twice...

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I am really hoping to have a close-to-final draft of the Beacon map we are producing for display race weekend. It won't be ready for sale yet but I imagine folks want to see what we are working on.