Quantcast

2009 Beacon Downhill Race: Double Down Hoe Down

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
I went and practiced on Saturday, I really like the new rock section next to the waterfall. Does anyone know if they are using that for the race. Pretty narly. If anyone got pics of it this weekend post em. I'd like to see some people riding it.

cdub162

Chimp
Feb 14, 2009
I went and practiced on Saturday, I really like the new rock section next to the waterfall. Does anyone know if they are using that for the race. Pretty narly. If anyone got pics of it this weekend post em. I'd like to see some people riding it.
Yes.

Love,
Wom

Love,
Josh

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008

I have ridding that new line a few times.. I have been rolling down the middle of it and boosting off the one rock about halfway down and landing in the dirt on the entry to the turn.. and i was eyeing the line to the right of that where you could just boost the whole thing, But its the first week on the new Mongoose Boot'r and I am not going to wad the new bike up in the rocks.. and I will wait till I have a leatt before I try stupid stuff like that. but that new line is waay fun..

And I know you guys arnt set on the course's yet.. but I heard that one of the races is going to finish on the DS course.. I would kind like to know if this is going to happen or not.. because I am not going to race that day then.. I hate that course on my big bike..

lastly, I cant swing the price of a annual jr ex lisense, so do you have to buy a day USAC license to race open?
if not thats what I will do.. if yes, then I guess I am sandbagging sport class.... :P just joking.. I will race open as a 16 year old. haha

cdub162

Chimp
Feb 14, 2009
Online Reg. closes at 6 PM tonight (thursday)and starts up again tomorrow (friday) morning at 9am at the event. just to let everyone know.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I will be sending immediate results to Bones Over Metal Twitter account immediately after they are known. If you subscribe this can be sent to any device. Also, these updates show up immediately on the Bones Over Metal front page.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Yeah, top 3...and I want to know what kind of kits they were running, too. Otherwise, don't waste your time posting useless garbage on this pertinent and pristine forum!

;)

There was a lot of orange. I think that orange is the new black.

Scotty won 40+ Sport. Video will show the rest. The story was Wheel Sport East showed people how to ride their really fun course. They'll most likely do the same tomorrow.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
On Thursday night someone removed some flagging and stole some of my tools on a trail that I am building. The trail is an approved legal trail that is being built. It could have been anyone but there were a few people camped out not too far from the trail.

So as a reminder: Please Respect the area! Use of the Camp Sekani property is a privilege.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
FYI, Jeff Jackson lost the 12 pack race, but still drank much more than that last night. He was at the hill early, didn't puke, and still beat 90% of people there!!!!

p.s. sharpies and alcohol and bikes don't mix.

Kyle,

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Saturday's course was jumpy and pedally.

30-39 cat 1:
1. John Pitton
2. ?
3. Matt Patterson

19-29 cat 1:
1. Chris Bateman. He also had 2nd fastest time of the day.
2. Colin Tobin.
3. ?

19-29 cat 2:
1. Mike Metzger! On a singlespeed in a clown suit.
2. Vaughn Larsen
3. ?

Sunday's course was more steep and gnar, the snow made things interesting.

30-39 cat 1:
1. John Pitton, with a crash.
2. Matt Patterson
3. ??

19-29 cat 1:
1. Chris Bateman.
2. Sam Burkhardt
3. Colin Tobin.

Bateman and Pitton swept the fast amateur men's races. Bellingham held down 5 of the top 6 spots in 19-29 cat 1, including entire podium.

Last edited:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
sunday top pro men!

1. Brian Crumm
2. Keith Thompson
3. Jimmy Bass
4. Kyle Thomas

1.5 seconds from first to fourth! that's good racing!!!

here is a picture of the new ending rock section BTW. she was FUN (read: scary as ****) in the wet!

Kyle,

Jahosafats

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
I'd be one of the Canadian question marks in the results...

Ryan Kuhn (Rossland, BC)

Expert men 30-39 - 2nd Saturday; 3rd Sunday.

Great races and interesting courses! I'll certainly be back...

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Saturday's course was jumpy and pedally.

30-39 cat 1:
1. John Pitton
2. ?
3. Matt Patterson

19-29 cat 1:
1. Chris Bateman. He also had 2nd fastest time of the day.
2. Colin Tobin.
3. ?

19-29 cat 2:
1. Mike Metzger! On a singlespeed in a clown suit.
2. Vaughn Larsen
3. ?

Sunday's course was more steep and gnar, the snow made things interesting.

30-39 cat 1:
1. John Pitton, with a crash.
2. Matt Patterson
3. ??

19-29 cat 1:
1. Chris Bateman.
2. Sam Burkhardt
3. Colin Tobin.

Bateman and Pitton swept the fast amateur men's races. Bellingham held down 5 of the top 6 spots in 19-29 cat 1, including entire podium.

Hell yeah! It was a good time for sure, and Sunday's conditions were a sweet bonus for those of us that have been riding in snow, etc all winter.

Last edited: