Quantcast

2009 Beech Mountain Triple Crown Series

OB1

Monkey
I'm no photography buff. But I've learned one thing about shooting DH. Pictures will never show how steep, difficult, or big a spot is. Light is a bigger issue if you don't have remote flashes. Then, you want it to be somewhere that riders find difficult. Since that's where they will be the most animated. Of course there are a couple jumps too. Everyone loves a jump. Personally, I like shots that show a cheering crowd around the rider.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You staying there again? Travis can't sleep while camping...and Napoli has never camped. I mean, EVER.:shocked: So the crew I'm going up with wants to drive back and forth. That's almost a 5hr round trip. Worked out well for Beech 1....but as you know, not so well for Hawk.:p
the campground has super nice, dirt cheap cabins that are back up on the hill. That campground is so much cooler than most any other I've been to. $20.00 for a site and we stuffed 3 tents in. So the third tent is only $5.00 more. Clean restrooms with a dedicated shower per. Laundry room. Last campground I stayed in was practically a gravel drive with dirt patches and nothing resembling nature in site. I think I saw a pic from Doug with one of the cabins in the background.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Who's that Queer in the pic? I mean who's that, Quehl in the pic? hahaha
Nice Photo Mulestar

clooo, clooo, clooo - Quail Man ripped it up this weekend good job on the 2nd place finish Freak!

Last edited:

willie b

Chimp
Jul 28, 2007
Wake Forest, NC
I hate that I had to miss the first two. Good to see all of the old dudes again (Chuck and Butch to name two). I was also very impressed with all of the <19 year olds and just how fast they were. Not to mention how cool the vibe was. Racing is alive and well in NC.

I am glad I came out of retirement for some fun on the mountain.

Thank you Ryan, well done!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I hate that I had to miss the first two. Good to see all of the old dudes again (Chuck and Butch to name two). I was also very impressed with all of the <19 year olds and just how fast they were. Not to mention how cool the vibe was. Racing is alive and well in NC.

I am glad I came out of retirement for some fun on the mountain.

Thank you Ryan, well done!
good to see you bro. Your bike stole the high tech thunder from the Makula and Revolt!!!

Oh..and I don't know what my result was...but I'm assuming dead last since I did the whole "I quit" thing gong down to the finish.:weee:

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
good to see you bro. Your bike stole the high tech thunder from the Makula and Revolt!!!

Oh..and I don't know what my result was...but I'm assuming dead last since I did the whole "I quit" thing gong down to the finish.:weee:
i have all that on video camara if you would like that:p

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Absolutely would love to see it. That and I'm still waiting to see the humiliation from Beech Race 1 when I failed on jump #1 infront of Moto and crew.
alright just have to figure out how to get it off my analog video camera the thing is old school

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Here is my favorite rider...my son...C-dawg...he's more at home on the dirt jumps but starting to get the hang of the DH...

This will probably be the last time I beat my kid at the races...he's in good form here...

Here he is off his bike taking it easy...this is actually a really cool shot...at my age, i'd break both legs if I tried that...

Last edited:

dcman6491

Chimp
Sep 10, 2009
I got a few good pics from race 3. Hopefully will get them up this weekend. Sorry guys. Butch, you asked if i would actually post them and i will eventually. haha I think i actually got one decent one of you.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I got a few good pics from race 3. Hopefully will get them up this weekend. Sorry guys. Butch, you asked if i would actually post them and i will eventually. haha I think i actually got one decent one of you.
I just love seeing all the different angles from the different photogs. Sure, I'm gonna do like everyone else and snag the me pics, but I love all the groms thrashing. More technical stuff though. Hucks are fine and dandy, but loam is the best.:thumb:

Oh, and anybody know what was up with the 3 chics filming video on the high tech cameras the one day? LMC students?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I agree Dan, the best pic of the race is of C-Dawg launching the step down...Best kid eva. And yes, it will be the last time you ever beat him at anything bike related. That said, I hope I'm get'ner dun like you are in a few more years...Mad props for racing with your son, and putting in a solid time yourself.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I have yet to receive the results to post. I have an email out to Ryan and will post them as soon as I get them.