Quantcast

2010 Turner DHR!!!

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Hm, interesting. Looks much less Turner'esque' than the last proto, which I believe was something they really wanted to maintain, but I heard there were difficulties with manufacturability.

This one is still pretty cool looking though, and probably a bit lighter.

Heres the oldie for reference:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
It looks a lot more like a sunday in the seatpost area now.

I like it and would like to own one, maybe next season

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Sorry if this ruffles anyones feathers but I couldn't resist. I think the proto image may be of a small frame as it pieced together a little weird.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Looks much better "built up". Kind of a strange looking frame but i'm picturing sunday suspension with classic turner handling...nice.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Looks like a commencial.

I expect it rides pretty well, it felt pretty good bouncing around on it at sea otter (the first proto) but I guess we'll hear back eventually.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
awesome test i bet
if it passes the parkin lot it must be amazing, same to the other guy from the sea otter parking lot.

looks like Dave and DW are really putting some time into this bike, which is good! good things happen to those who wait.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I don't know why, but I like the original proto a little bit better. That's not to say I don't like the current one though. I'd still hit it.
They usually don't change the appearance of a bike to make it look cool or not, it usually has to do with performance and durability. If you buy a bike because it looks cool than you are doing it wrong haha.

but this is the interweb, maybe im reading your post wrong?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
They usually don't change the appearance of a bike to make it look cool or not, it usually has to do with performance and durability. If you buy a bike because it looks cool than you are doing it wrong haha.

but this is the interweb, maybe im reading your post wrong?
Yeah, I agree with what you are saying. I don't think builders/designers as precise and meticulous as Dave and Dave would make any change unless it were necessary or beneficial. On top of that, while I think aesthetics play into many buyers' decisions they are usually a far second to performance and build quality. I am just saying, I prefer the looks of one over the other. Just like I typically like brunettes more than blonds. But that does not mean they are better in bed.:thumb:

Aside from appearance and reputation, right now I have nothing else to base a decision on anyway since I haven't ridden one.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I've thought all along that bike HAS TO come with an integrated fender, right out of the box. Wonder if it will.

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
Very nice!

I hope there's decent rear wheel clearance now. Looks like a mudguard is going to be needed. Good touch on the brake lugs too.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Looks like it's built like a bridge with all the triangles going on in the "seatpost" area. Seems to be DW's new thing. Not that it's bad, but it has a very "engineered" look to it. I like it.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Have they solved the pivot wear issues then ?
No, Turner have spent the last year sitting around with their thumb up the arse and are going to release a bike with dodgy pivots.

What sort of question is that? Turner don't make bikes half-arsed, everything is going to be DIALLED.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
this bike seems to split opinions on the aesthetics, i think its possibly the best looking frame out there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
No, Turner have spent the last year sitting around with their thumb up the arse and are going to release a bike with dodgy pivots.

What sort of question is that? Turner don't make bikes half-arsed, everything is going to be DIALLED.
Yeah, they never do. You would never have to drill anything to get the geometry better on their bikes....