Quantcast

2011 Windrock Fall Fest

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The ATV club has announced that their jamboree will be Oct. 21-23. So I am thinking we will do the weekend before, Oct. 15-16. Is there anything on the racing calender that weekend?

That date kinda sux for me and Scuba b/c we had planned to take a week off for the nats and do alot of riding all over the southeast. If the fallride stays that weekend then guys like us will not have much time between the 2.
If you back it up later then the weather could be bad.....
Oh well

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We have found that Halloween weekend is more of a family deal and the attendance would be down. And the last time we did it in November we had snow and cold temps.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'm going to need some help on this one. The trail crew is almost non-existent (myself included). We should be early enough that leaf blowing won't be a big issue, but we would need to do some trimming, weedeating, clear a few downed trees, and probably rebuild the jumps. I'll post up a few work days in late September and early October.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
doug i plan on being there friday,, i can bring my chainsaw and weedeater,,,but gonna have to have someone bring it back to chattanooga 4 me,, i plan on hittn the blueridge mtns and then rays mtn bike park for the week after the fall fest,, anyone else got the week after the fall fest off to do some travlin and rid'n?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
EDIT - sniped, but my directions are awesomer.

Take I-40 West to Knoxville, stop briefly at the University of Tennessee and laugh heartily at the disarray of their alleged football program, get off on Hwy 162 going towards (i.e. north) Oak Ridge. Acknowledge this is where WWII was ended, stay on 162 through Oak Ridge to Oliver Springs (it is advised to avoid hookers at Super 8 Motel btw). Cross a bridge and hang a right onto Windrock Road. Stay on this until you see a lot of wife beater tanks and 4 wheelers - you're at Windrock, hooray!

Get a pass at the shack on the left, and camping is available nearby (think its "Windrock Campground" or something like that).

Needless to say, it is definitely worth the trip.

Last edited: