Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Apparently Brook will be on Trek next year. Dunno if that's good news. He could improve riding with Gwin but he also could stand in Gwins shadow like Leov.
I think Leov was a much more experienced rider so he had less to learn, he just wasn't bat**** crazy so he lost time in the tech compared to the younger guys. Brook on the other hand is so some smart thinking could help him win more. On the other hand Blenki trains with Nico and it gave him nothing in terms of results.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Team changes for the next season I guess would be more exciting :D

If Brook does move on to another team, you guys think Mondraker could still continue? Should be interesting seeing Spagnolo with Devinci, or Scott11.

AND you guys reckon Peat will still be around for a couple more seasons?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
trek is going to need someone to replace gwin once he retires in a few years, brook seems like a good choice to take over the reins - he's young but experienced, his results are showing him coming into his own as a racer and he seems like a good personality on the circuit. give him a few years with gwin and trek and i bet he'll move right into that slot.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Why do you think Gwin is retiring in a few years? He's still young (24/25? I can't quite remember)

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Why do you think Gwin is retiring in a few years? He's still young (24/25? I can't quite remember)
just putting the pieces together.

he's stated racing bicycles is not his life, he's just enjoying it while he does it. i think he'll get bored or find something more exciting to do (or possibly already has a plan/idea of what's next).

he's already accomplished more than riders who've been in this game 2-3-4 times longer. hell, he has more elite WC wins during just two seasons than gee does after 10. assuming he grabs a world championship at some point (which even he says isn't as important to him as WC overall) he'll have pretty much done it all.

he just signed for 3 more years with trek, i doubt he'd go to another team after 5 years with one of the top manufacturers and teams in racing - my money is on him finishing up with them.

that's all i got...we'll see.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Yeah & well if Gwin wins the final round in Hafjell he got a total of 10 world cup wins in 2 seasons,that's only 6 world cup wins away from what Peaty has accomplished in 20 years.That is pretty much spectaculair by any format that this man brings to the table.

What the future brings for Gwin no one knows only him self,but it's great to see he stays with Trek for 3 more years.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Team changes for the next season I guess would be more exciting :D

If Brook does move on to another team, you guys think Mondraker could still continue? Should be interesting seeing Spagnolo with Devinci, or Scott11.

AND you guys reckon Peat will still be around for a couple more seasons?
MS will continue. Who know if it would be with Mondraker or not. I hope they keep Brook and Spag and Em. It's a good team.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
just putting the pieces together.

he's stated racing bicycles is not his life, he's just enjoying it while he does it. i think he'll get bored or find something more exciting to do (or possibly already has a plan/idea of what's next).

he's already accomplished more than riders who've been in this game 2-3-4 times longer. hell, he has more elite WC wins during just two seasons than gee does after 10. assuming he grabs a world championship at some point (which even he says isn't as important to him as WC overall) he'll have pretty much done it all.

he just signed for 3 more years with trek, i doubt he'd go to another team after 5 years with one of the top manufacturers and teams in racing - my money is on him finishing up with them.

that's all i got...we'll see.

espec aside, martin whitely said that, but i'm pretty sure gwin never did. Not saying its not true, but I suspect gwins gonna be riding for awhile.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
espec aside, martin whitely said that, but i'm pretty sure gwin never did. Not saying its not true, but I suspect gwins gonna be riding for awhile.
you may be right about martin and not gwin.

however i just saw this:
http://www.outsideonline.com/blog/a-conversation-with-world-cup-downhill-champ-aaron-gwin.html

"You recently announced that you re-signed with Trek for another three years. Why?

I've been with Trek for two years, and the program has been awesome. I feel like they provide me with the best equipment available and value my input. I'll probably only race for another three to five years, so it was important for me to finish out my career with a brand I believed in."

not that things can't change but it doesn't appear gwin sees racing bikes as a long term relationship.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Perhaps he knows that he'll need a job after he retires from racing and is seeking a higher up job? Would be smart of him to think that far ahead..

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
A yeti on a big horse is a pretty big hint at Cole on yeti.

Unless there are some more bikes named after beasts and more riders with horse-esque nicknames?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
In fact maybe Ivan Oulego Moreno 'the crazy Horse' will be on a Labyrinth Minotour next season?

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Trek is going to add 3 gravity riders. One is supposed to be a "top contender", plus 2 more....

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Same here. But not sure. Both seem to be pretty good lads. But Bulldog with clips? Really?
He was always proud to ride with flats.

Last edited:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Oooh! That does look like the CRC front page.

Good catch! I really had no clue about that one.