Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
didn't he have brake issues before worlds too? Anyway, losing worlds because both brakes simultaneously failed might be enough to convince somebody to switch from a strong brake to another strong brake.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
didn't he have brake issues before worlds too? Anyway, losing worlds because both brakes simultaneously failed might be enough to convince somebody to switch from a strong brake to another strong brake.
It was only one brake that failed and it was because of a crash earlier...

Last edited:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
It was only one brake that failed and it was because of a crash earlier...
Really?

Aaron said at the finish line – “I really don’t understand what happened. I warmed up as usual, tested the brakes as usual at the top, walked down the course to have a look at how the track was running, went into my run, brakes working fine for the first minute or so, and then bang, nothing. I crashed and got up as soon as I could, pumped to see what was there, but it wasn’t enough, and knew my day was run”.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
yes really , Shimano did a video with Monk a while back explaining the brake failure on that ONE brake.

Your quote is taken out of context, Aaron said he first got the impression he had no brakes but in fact he still had the front.

Beside, we've all seen him carried on down the track pulling whips and doing silly stuff...I dont know about you but there's NO way I would keep riding my bikes downhill if I had ZERO brakes :thumb:

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
just saying, Charre won the worlds on production saint brakes....modified!

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I guess that was my point. Yes, it's been in the works for a long time, but it never made it to market. Perhaps the impending competition from DVO and Suntour is was spurred them on to finally release their fork, before they lose too much market share.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
So, looks like Gwin really adopted Demo9's riding style...
I'd have to go against you on that one. His feet positioning and slammed back seat give away the fact that he's having a hard time adjusting the higher yaw angle measurements of the demo compared to the session

Last edited:

the law

Monkey
Jun 25, 2002
where its at
I'd have to go against you on that one. His feet positioning and slammed back seat give away the fact that he's having a hard time adjusting the higher yaw angle measurements of the demo compared to the session
I believe he meant "Demo9's riding style", not the best style for the Demo.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Makes me laugh when people say Aaron has no style lolol clearly you haven't seen the video of him testing the Session 9.9 in Whistler, or the video of him riding Griz's jumps on his Yeti back in the day, or his 3 Minute Gaps segment. Style for daysss. Unfortunately he's still dull and bland and probably not much fun to drink a beer with. Oh thats right, he doesn't drink beer. Or tequila. Or whiskey. Or scotch. Or any other of Satan's concoctions.