Quantcast

2012 World Cup #7 - Hafjell

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Given the size of the jumps and the speeds he was going, and the fact that before they mentioned brakes at all and everybody thought it was the guide, and then the part where mick hannah said he squeezed gwins brakes at the bottom and said they pulled back to the bars, I think its fairly safe to assume it was the brakes.

Anyway, I know your trolling for no other reason then because you're stupid, but just a heads up: I know you have a big boner for YT, and I honestly have never had somebody sell me so hard on NOT ever ever touching or buying a bike as you are right now simply by association. Besides hipsters and fixies. You're on par with them. Anyway, I know I, and I'm guessing several other members on this forum, would not buy a bike from them because of your active presence flaming on everything that isn't them. Which is bad for you, because the more people that buy them, the cheaper they are for you.
I read on a German forum that none of that is true. Also it has pictures of every bike broken except YT. You should check it out sometime.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I haven't seen that on my secret German forum, it can't be true!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
So, what the fvcking hell do these retards of uci sh!theads smoke?
Really, fvck da UCI!

I love the women's racing, but I don't think the UCI would be 100% off base with this. Getting a top-20 in men's is so hard. Getting a top-20 in women's = making qualis and finishing your run in finals. A win is a win, and points should be the same there, but maybe, just maybe, the points should fall off faster for the women. As it stands now, I don't understand why a team that cares about the Trade Team classification wouldn't have a woman, ANY woman, on their team. If TWR and CRC don't have a woman, I'd guess that the trade classification means nothing to them. Maybe they need to add some prize money or an extra protected spot or something to the team leading the trade classification. Then people would give a ****.

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Given the size of the jumps and the speeds he was going, and the fact that before they mentioned brakes at all and everybody thought it was the guide, and then the part where mick hannah said he squeezed gwins brakes at the bottom and said they pulled back to the bars, I think its fairly safe to assume it was the brakes.

Anyway, I know your trolling for no other reason then because you're stupid, but just a heads up: I know you have a big boner for YT, and I honestly have never had somebody sell me so hard on NOT ever ever touching or buying a bike as you are right now simply by association. Besides hipsters and fixies. You're on par with them. Anyway, I know I, and I'm guessing several other members on this forum, would not buy a bike from them because of your active presence flaming on everything that isn't them. Which is bad for you, because the more people that buy them, the cheaper they are for you.

Anyway, back on topic and back to how awesome vital is: http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Wide-Open-Hafjell-Norway-World-Cup-DH-Action,4310/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
Yeah there was no first split even, known he couldn't have crashed the first section. Hopefully he comes back to take it.

So far hill has second fastest time through speed trap.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
The boys were ON it today. The road gap/step down that some of the guys huck is no joke, and ratboy and a few others still tweaked it a bit for the crowd.. Stoked to be here!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
btw is he like that too when he is riding without a camera setup?

and please tell him to stop apologizing for being slow, his slow probably is rather fast for 90% of the people watching :D two thumps up for Claudio :) awesome track and awesome footage

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Awesome results. Feel bad for Wallner since it was a track for him. Levisson had a good result. A very nice guy. Fast too.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
hill 5th overall for the year, not quite on pace for the wins, but working his way back up. Hoping to see him back to fitness and able to gun for the win next year.

Smith seems to have come to form, that was awesome, failing gwin, he's always the next best hope.

First win for RS this year too. Seems like the first time in awhile that all of the major suspension manufacturers have had a rider win a WC in one season.

Awesome end to the season, I thought it was going to be a catfight between gee and greg for the win, baddass that brannigan AND smith were able to top them.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Brannigan second was almost a bigger event than Smiths win. Morgane in third was pretty good comeback for the world champ. It will be interesting to see her race with even more confidence next year. I really think the top girls have been amazing this year and I enjoy watching them as much as the men.

I hope Red Bull is back next year again they have done a great job. They should be happy to know I buy a steady flow of Red Bull for the office every week.

Last edited: