Quantcast

2013 Devinci Wilson Carbon XL availability?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
i asked Devinci CS about this did not get a reply as of now.
maybe somebody in here knows...

Will there be a XL Wilson for 2013?
if so when will it be available?

initially they only published the L geo for the carbon and the article on pinkbike only shows geo numbers up to size L
now the Devinci website states there is a XL, and
i remember reading somewhere that the XL got delayed...

appreciate any more detailed info, thanks :)

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
As far as I know there is only an XL in the alu frame, not the carbon.
thats what i thought too. but now devinci website shows a xl for the carbon and the aluminium frame...

will have to wait for the answer from their cs department...

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
got a reply from devinci today sorta good and bad news:

Hi Martin,

Ne XL Wilson carbon will only become available late spring / early summer.
It was not originally planned but because of a lot of interest in the XL size we manage to get it … but a little later than the 3 other sizes.
For more information, you can contact your local dealer

Thanks for your support
Keep on riding!

PRÉPOSÉ SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
MANUEL DES HAYES

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
^^ It still surprises me that companys don't know that even big dudes ride DH...
look at it from there perspective. The upfront cost of tooling vs. how many XL carbon DH bikes that a little manufacture would sell...... some serious ROI numbers to crunch.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
look at it from there perspective. The upfront cost of tooling vs. how many XL carbon DH bikes that a little manufacture would sell...... some serious ROI numbers to crunch.
You are right with that, but their L Wilson is already on the compact side. Therefor I think also more avarage sized riders go the XL route.
Also: Why should I take the "disadvantage" of having to buy an aluminium frame only because of my size?

Last edited:

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
You are right with that, but their L Wilson is already on the compact side. Therefor I think also more avarage sized riders go the XL route.
Also: Why should I take the "disadvantage" of having to buy an aluminium frame only because of my size?
I guess if you dont like what a privatly held company does you have 2 options, 3 if you are zesty. Ask them to make you one and then hope they do and buy it, buy somone elses frame that fits you....... or create your own frame!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I guess if you dont like what a privatly held company does you have 2 options, 3 if you are zesty. Ask them to make you one and then hope they do and buy it, buy somone elses frame that fits you....... or create your own frame!
please people stop argueing, it's all been said and done already

devinci a company renowned for building rather compact bikes announce to build their carbon downhill bike only up to size L. This announcement sparks a lot of questions regarding an XL size.
Devinci reacts and starts development of the Size XL Frame

so enough people used option number two and asked for the XL
sadly the lead time to design and produce the frame will lead to a delivery date at the end of may or early june. :(

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
I contacted Devinci earlier this week and was told that the XL full carbon wilson will not be available this year. Really bummed...maybe/ hopefully miscommunication?