Quantcast

2014 dorado 74mm post mount adapter needed

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
Yup, have a 2014 pro with 27.5 wheel on the girls bike. When working well that fork is still up there with the best today (damper wise, chassis is a bit flexy and heavy). It would just have a tendency to dump all the lower oil randomly over night (has happened three times).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yup, have a 2014 pro with 27.5 wheel on the girls bike. When working well that fork is still up there with the best today (damper wise, chassis is a bit flexy and heavy). It would just have a tendency to dump all the lower oil randomly over night (has happened three times).
Does the travel need to be reduced? I seem to recall it could run 29 also but in a shorter travel setting.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
that thing is a noodle. your weight and a 220mm rotor? it will be pretzel shaped by the end of the day...
That's good to know...how do you think it'll handle #240 with a 203 rotor?
Honest opinion!! If it twists up God willing someones videotaping...

I've never ridden the dorado so I can't speak from experience...I don't know wether it's got a rider limit or not within reason...I know I want to run one but also if I should watch for certain things or know certain things ahead of time..

Last edited:

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
That's good to know...how do you think it'll handle #240 with a 203 rotor?
Honest opinion!! If it twists up God willing someones videotaping...

I've never ridden the dorado so I can't speak from experience...I don't know wether it's got a rider limit or not within reason...I know I want to run one but also if I should watch for certain things or know certain things ahead of time..
Def flexy. I weight 175 and had to switch. Great damper and air spring tho. Looks better than any other fork too (instagram way more important than real life as we all know). Almost felt turning was delayed at times tho. Put it on the girls bike and she’s happy.

...Almost felt turning was delayed at times tho...
that's my biggest gripe with it. i want the front wheel to point wherever my bars are pointing at all times. you wanna ride in chunk? you might as well tie a dog to the front of your bike cause it's going wherever it wants. nothing like having your front wheel in a rut and your bars turned about 10 degrees and nothing is happening...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
that's my biggest gripe with it. i want the front wheel to point wherever my bars are pointing at all times. you wanna ride in chunk? you might as well tie a dog to the front of your bike cause it's going wherever it wants. nothing like having your front wheel in a rut and your bars turned about 10 degrees and nothing is happening...
Looking moto is well worth any performance loss.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I'm 220 it has some give just like a Boxxer. Graeme Pitts rode the Fuck out of that thing when I was shooting him in Santa Cruz. It is smooth, easy to tune but pretty LINEAR. Riding it down Tunnel let's say I never felt the fork had a bunch of give unless I would turn the bars and it would have to ride up on rock you can tell then it has some flex to it.

I saw Pitts overshoot a 40-50 foot "double" by 20 or so feet the fork didn't implode so you should be safe in that regard. The DVO is stiffer BTW. Though heavier and is more adjustable even though it is a bit more complex on initial set up. That could be an option.....

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.39.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 5.33.14 AM.png

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
...then everything is happening, then it's surprise torsion rebound time!

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I'm 220 it has some give just like a Boxxer. Graeme Pitts rode the Fuck out of that thing when I was shooting him in Santa Cruz. It is smooth, easy to tune but pretty LINEAR. Riding it down Tunnel let's say I never felt the fork had a bunch of give unless I would turn the bars and it would have to ride up on rock you can tell then it has some flex to it.

I saw Pitts overshoot a 40-50 foot "double" by 20 or so feet the fork didn't implode so you should be safe in that regard. The DVO is stiffer BTW. Though heavier and is more adjustable even though it is a bit more complex on initial set up. That could be an option.....

View attachment 171073View attachment 171074
Would Love to see video or pictures of that day Brother.
Avy

Last edited: