Quantcast

2015 Fox 36 knocking sound

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Wondering if anyone else has run into this with the 2015 model (supposed to have the newer air spring).

If I push hard and deliberate, the fork is smooth. If I push it down hard and fast, I get this knocking sound; pretty much what this guy is showing and I'm 90% sure it's the air spring:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Have you checked that the negative spring is properly charged?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
On mine I found it felt best when I inflated in 50# increments, cycling the fork between intervals. Worth a shot.
Also was the procedure to get my float x2 feeling the best.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did you read the comments in the YT page?

Hi It is the check limiter in the left air cart. If you;re in the UK, Mojo will warranty it for you. I was told that essentially, the limiter is almost too smooth and creates a little gap when compressed, creating that topping sound. They replace it with another and it will be spot on again.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Did you read the comments in the YT page?

Hi It is the check limiter in the left air cart. If you;re in the UK, Mojo will warranty it for you. I was told that essentially, the limiter is almost too smooth and creates a little gap when compressed, creating that topping sound. They replace it with another and it will be spot on again.
Yeah I saw that post as well and I've been looking over diagrams to see what that part actually is. Do you happen to know?

edit. I found a diagram and the check valve (as they call it) is a small part inside the piston from the looks of it. I pumped up the air spring in 25lbs increments but that didn't work. I'll bring it in.

Last edited: