Quantcast

2015 New dh rides thread - no enduros because kickstand hates them

kylegrizzley

Chimp
May 4, 2010
I thought it was pretty cool that the bike comes with a cassette block so you can run it as a 7 speed too, im running a 10 speed and a dropper post tho

kylegrizzley

Chimp
May 4, 2010
really?? I had the 26" version before this one and loved it, I have an old 26 wheel lying around I could try for fun. Have you tried this?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
really?? I had the 26" version before this one and loved it, I have an old 26 wheel lying around I could try for fun. Have you tried this?
Yes, I've tried all relevant 27.5/26 combos. It makes a massive difference. Setup 27.5/27.5 the bike feels like an overgrown AM bike in terms of geo - too high and steep in comparison to running a 26" rear. With the 26 in back it feels like a proper DH bike.

180mm fork/27.5"/26"

203mm fork/26"/26"

Last edited:

commencaldh

Jeremy Hottinger
Apr 26, 2015
Yes, I've tried all relevant 27.5/26 combos. It makes a massive difference. Setup 27.5/27.5 the bike feels like an overgrown AM bike in terms of geo - too high and steep in comparison to running a 26" rear. With the 26 in back it feels like a proper DH bike.

180mm fork/27.5"/26"

203mm fork/26"/26"
its the most beautiful shock i have ever seen

voltaren

Chimp
May 21, 2013
2015 Darkside. Technically maybe a downduro, due to 180mm rear, but it´s all I´ve got.

Cockpit: Thomson bars, Chromag grips, Mondraker stem, Thomson post, Chromag saddle
Drivetrain: Hadley hubs/Subrosa rims(26"), Saint shifter, Zee RD, Zee brakes,Saint cranks
Damperz: CCDBA CS, Dorado Pro fork
Rubbers: Magic Mary TS back, Dirty Dan VS front. Toobless at the moment, but the rear will probably receive some inner rubber treatment.

The bike pedals extremely well for what it is, have yet to actually ride it outside the back yard and neighborhood. Nice trails around here, though.

anglez

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
2015 Darkside. Technically maybe a downduro, due to 180mm rear, but it´s all I´ve got.

Cockpit: Thomson bars, Chromag grips, Mondraker stem, Thomson post, Chromag saddle
Drivetrain: Hadley hubs/Subrosa rims(26"), Saint shifter, Zee RD, Zee brakes,Saint cranks
Damperz: CCDBA CS, Dorado Pro fork
Rubbers: Magic Mary TS back, Dirty Dan VS front. Toobless at the moment, but the rear will probably receive some inner rubber treatment.

The bike pedals extremely well for what it is, have yet to actually ride it outside the back yard and neighborhood. Nice trails around here, though.

anglez
hellz yeah

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
So now im secretly scouting bikes and looking in here and around....I will keep the bike at the shop....and not mention it for a while..

I saw a bunch of guys shuttling 2 weeks ago, I find myself missing a part of my life....and then of course you guys on here and reading up and looking right after....pictures, bike bling, new stuff....I need to ride again.....
Damn that sucks......Have you thought about just a trail bike? Take it easy for 6 months or so? The MEGATRAIL I had was very capable.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Got my son a 2014 Nukeproof Pulse Comp about a month ago. He is loving it so far.

Breaking it in at Bryce Resort in VA.