Quantcast

2016 Evil Wreckoning

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Dude, the BB is only .4 of an inch lower. I would also question whether it's really lower, as the E29 was damn low and I would scrape the pedals all the time in banked turns. As I recall, the E29 with it's original 150mm fork was more like 13.4, and manufacturers tend to advertise the number with the most favorable tires (low profile), so whether Evil is really lower is hard to say without both bikes. It's also $3500 with shock not $4500, unless you are quoting me some canadia price or something. Reach is only 6mm different. 6mm is not an inch.

Some of your info seems wildly inaccurate? I didn't mention anything about pedaling in my previous post, so I'm not sure why you are bringing that up again. My point was that the E29 forged ahead with geometry that made aggressive 29ers possible and viable, with one of the main issues being removing the extra chainstay space that designers were just to lazy to remove (to allow 29ers with bigger wheels AND front derailleurs, they simply moved the wagon wheels back). The only thing the evil has brought geometry wise is a little slacker headtube.
They lowered the price in 2016 last year they where 4500. Still dude I work with broke 5 in under 1 year.

Yeah I exagerated some but the 2014 S-Works I rode pedaled like garbage when hills got steep (I BROUGHT THAT UP). Granted it was only a 15 mile loop but it stood out. The DELTA is better than the FSR's I have been on. Not everyone needs short stays I would rather have a stable planted bike that has a front end that stays on the ground while climbing even while having a 65 HA on the bike.

The XL Wreckoning is not really that big. I think it should be in the 19" reach range to really be an XL...

My friend is selling his MD lightly used if you are interested?

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My friend is selling his MD lightly used if you are interested?
Got me an RFX that you can't pry from my cold dead hands and I'd need a L anyway. The Wreckoning is a breath of fresh air in a world of "almost-enough-travel-for-AM/park" 29ers that we seem to have been perpetually stuck in for 10+ years...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah the RFX looks rad working on getting on soon. The Zerode first then try and build one.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Must be some kind of Evil specific issue. I haven't broken any carbonz yet.
lot of carbonz breaking everywhere... most folks seem to be learning and getting better, but still an issue. See a few posts above about 5 in one year from special-ed.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
No I have commuted into work a few times that is 25 miles and about 1100 feet elevation. I have done 14 miles and about 1400 feet on lunch rides a few times as well. Yeah a bunch of guys are getting them to be 30LBS. Go check out FANATIKs bike build EVIL page it will give you an idea of the weights....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Is it to much bike to pedal 16 mile loops with 1500' elevation gain?
If you are a sissy.
not to pick on dusty, but yea, that's like the first 3-4 miles of my local trail

edit: a local has the Insurgent and it's the bees knees. If I didn't have my rfx I would take a close look at the Evil. Plus you know, it's Evil.

(has a Sovereign, already pre-Evil'd)

Last edited: